Motherboard
ASRock Z370 Extreme 4
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I can’t complete the install of High Sierra and I can’t find where is the problem.

I had a Sierra installation, everything was fine (except audio through HDMI and some other minor issues) but I bought a RX Vega to replace my 1060 so I decided to do a clean installation and update to High Sierra.

I have a dual boot system, with macOS and Windows10. Before I started the clean install of High Sierra I removed the SSD with Windows.

I boot from the usb with clover, then I choose the installer, I choose the language and then erase and format the old disk with Sierra. Upon the completion the system restart and when I boot from the usb installer I have two more entries in Clover:

• Boot MacOS install Prebooter from Preboot (what’s this??)
  • Install High Sierra from High Sierra
I choose the second one, then the install begins, and every time, when installer reach 10-15% the system restarts and I am stuck in this loop.

Installing Sierra was soooo much easier!

I choose the second one, then the install begins, and every time, when installer reach 10-15% the system restarts and I am stuck in this loop.
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Solved! The problem was the new Apple file system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back