Contribute
Register

[solved] Inspiron 3558 Clover HFSPlus Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll attach my clover folder in an hour when I get home but the problem is that clover doesn't boot when HFSPlus is in the driver64uefi
Same here bro, using the same laptop with your specs. Have being able to do it ?

Read post #6.
Hi Reh
Have read it but it doesn't make sense to me.
Should I delete the VboxHfs-64.efi from the clover directory before replacing it with Hfsplus.efi or should leave it there and add Hfsplus and disable it in the disable tab in the config.plist in the clover directory? Have deleted the VboxHfs and replaced with the Hfsplus but gave black screen when I tried booting..

Hi Reh
Have read it but it doesn't make sense to me.
Should I delete the VboxHfs-64.efi from the clover directory before replacing it with Hfsplus.efi or should leave it there and add Hfsplus and disable it in the disable tab in the config.plist in the clover directory? Have deleted the VboxHfs and replaced with the Hfsplus but gave black screen when I tried booting..

If you can't use HfsPlus.efi use VboxHfs.efi instead.

Ok thanks
For some reason I can't get my graphics card to accelerate. Too much glitches, rendering problems in launchpad,chrome but I have tried all t and patches I know. Never seem tot work. Am mac os sierra 10.12; Intel hd 5500

If you can't use HfsPlus.efi use VboxHfs.efi instead.
After VboxHfs.efi was used, my new dell ins 3558 goes into installer. But when I try to use disk utility to create a partition for installing MacOS, the app does not recognize internal drive, even "diskutil list" does not show up any partition on drive. I've tried to search so many topic about that prob, but I cant make thing happend properly. Is there any suggestion for me or did I missed some efi driver or kexts? Thanks

Attachments

• CLOVER_10.13.6.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
After VboxHfs.efi was used, my new dell ins 3558 goes into installer. But when I try to use disk utility to create a partition for installing MacOS, the app does not recognize internal drive, even "diskutil list" does not show up any partition on drive. I've tried to search so many topic about that prob, but I cant make thing happend properly. Is there any suggestion for me or did I missed some efi driver or kexts? Thanks

The target partition (to use with the installer) must be created in Disk Utility.
Your config.plist is wrong (very wrong ACPI configuration)... see guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back