Motherboard
Gigabyte EP45-DS3
CPU
Q9550
Graphics
GT 640
Mac
  1. Mac mini
I updated successfully to 10.13.5 and all worked fine, including iMessage. All-of-a-sudden, iMessage stopped working and can't be activated anymore. I logged out from icloud and relogged in, but still no iMessage activation possible. I am using the latest Clover 4509 (4497 didn't work either)

Does anyone else have problems activating iMessage (since) today?

I updated successfully to 10.13.5 and all worked fine, including iMessage. All-of-a-sudden, iMessage stopped working and can't be activated anymore. I logged out from icloud and relogged in, but still no iMessage activation possible.

Does anyone else have problems activating iMessage (since) today?
See Post #2 regarding requests for help.

See Post #2 regarding requests for help.

I was just curious if anyone else was experiencing iMessage Login problems since the update or if it was something unrelated to the update on my side. I still can't login (Error 18 - invalid login), very strange.

Moved to a standalone thread to received more visibility.

My imessage/facetime is normal on 10.13.5. With MLB/ROM parameters obtained from my old Mac mini in Clover settings, imessage/facetime never failed me after any updates/upgrades including 10.13.5 ;)

Last edited:
After many wasted hours i found the Solution: it was CLOVER. I have the habit to update CLOVER before installing new OS Releases. That was a big mistake this time ;)

I rolled back to CLOVER 4428 and iMessage works again like it (always) did before. 4428 seems to be the last working Version, i tried 4497, 4509, 4458 and 4522.

Admin: please add solved and solution to the Thread. Holy moly.

Final EDIT:

As it turns out: Clover won't no longer do automatic Network Injection as "built-in" with Version >4428. You can check if your primary network interface is listed as "IOBuiltin" with IORegistryexlorer". It MUST be "true" for iMessage to activate.

You have to add
Code:
                <key>LANInjection</key>
                <true/>

into "Devices" of your config.plist.

A moderator should adapt Thread Title: iMessage stopped working with Clover >4428, it isn't related to macOS 10.13.5.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back