Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]I'm getting this verbose before booting to clover from USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI)
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
AMD Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I boot from USB, after post, I get this verbose message that seems to be growing. This happens after I had pulled the usb out of the system while turning to the clover menu with the listed OS drives. How do I get rid of this? Do I have to start over? Is there something I can do to resolve this?
I'd like to transfer this EFI folder to the actual MAC OS drive so I don't have to boot from USB.
precloverboot.jpg

FYI- The screen goes away after about 20 secs and then I can proceed as normal.

was able to extract the text from the image.

APFSStart:1456: Mounting with apfs_efisosx-748877.8 efisontainer_create:1079: -efi_container_create, Status = 8000000000000007 APFSStart:1456: Mounting with apfs.efi.osx-748.77.8 efi_container_create:1079: -efi.container.create, Status = 8000000000000007 APFSStart:1456: Mounting with apfs_efi.osx-748.77.8 efijusionspairing:635: Container a3c66e5b-ef24-465f-b73a-3da8e4195ee8 efi_fusion_pairing:640: fusion uuid: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 efi_container_create:875: LoadedImage->DeviceHandle = 0x74782418 efi_container_create:929: Volume attached is external nx_dev.init:861: warning: superbiock indicates jumpstart record but this driver was not loaded from that partition nxJcernel_mount:1359: : checkpoint search: largest xid 16166, best xid 16166 0 1 60 erestate.obj_get.for.recovery:3848: No ER state object for volume Preboot - roll ing is not happening, nothing to recover. er.state.obj.get.for_recovery:3648: No ER state object for volume MAC OSX - roll ing is not happening, nothing to recover. er.state.obj_get.for.recovery:3848: No ER state object for volume Recovery - rol ling is not happening, nothing to recover. er.state_obj4et_for.recovery:3848: No ER state object for volume VM - rolling i s not happening, nothing to recover.

No need to bump - @BreBo answered :thumbup: Spot on.

Interestingly it still appears after installing High Sierra as HFS+ instead, so spurred-on by your question I'm going to check how removing the apfs.efi from the EFI partition affects things (and it's not the same as apfs.kext etc which I'll leave in place...).

Okay, back after a remove and reboot. The spurious scrolling text has gone now.

Confirmation.

It will need replacing in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI though if I ever want to upgrade to Mojave, or just to apfs. Or I could use ApfsDriverLoader.efi instead as suggested.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
No need to bump - @BreBo answered :thumbup: Spot on.

Interestingly it still appears after installing High Sierra as HFS+ instead, so spurred-on by your question I'm going to check how removing the apfs.efi from the EFI partition affects things (and it's not the same as apfs.kext etc which I'll leave in place...).

Okay, back after a remove and reboot. The spurious scrolling text has gone now.

Confirmation.

It will need replacing in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI though if I ever want to upgrade to Mojave, or just to apfs. Or I could use ApfsDriverLoader.efi instead as suggested.

:thumbup:
wait so I can just remove the file? I'm running Mojave though

wait so I can just remove the file? I'm running Mojave though

No.

Officially Mojave doesn't have an HFS option.

See post #4 above. Either patch apfs.efi as per the link or replace it with ApfsDriverLoader.efi

:)

Done! got rid of it using @BreBo suggestion. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back