Contribute
Register

[Solved] ICH10R and High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix for ICH10 with High Sierra. Now with hot-plug support.

For this we need two binary patches.

First patch fix I/O error for ICH10:
Code:
4585F60F 95C289C8 83E0FE66 85C9780F 84D2750B -> 89C883E0 FE6685C9 0F98C141 08CC9090 9090750B

With second patch for hot-plug:

Code:
89C82540 6002003D 40200000 750C81E1 BF7FFFFF 898B5101 0000 -> 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 90909090 9090

View attachment 286301

View attachment 286308

This is not my work...

This patch was found on insanelymac.com
How do i apply this fix to my Catalina osx install usb? Please assist. It has latest version of clover with kexts from unibeast.

Hello guys
Thanks so much to everyone .. for two years I was stuck with Sierra because I needed the hop-plug on my GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo
And now thanks to you I have solved, and I can use Mojave and I hope I can also use Katalina ..

A fraternal embrace to all
You are fantastic
I love you
did you just patch in clover or did you also install the old Appleachi 328 and if so where to find it?

Hi, now my hack is running Catalina with clover patches, but how about the future upgrade to Big Sur? What I need to do to upgrade my hack in future? Because now this patches don't work with Big Sur public beta (created USB with clover 5120 + latest kexts). Thank you in advance for your reply.

Attachments

• catalina.png
    catalina.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Clover patches.png
    Clover patches.png
    213.4 KB · Views: 209
  • kexts (other).png
    kexts (other).png
    133.2 KB · Views: 199
Hi there!
It also happened to me, that the High Sierra 10.13.6 USB installer showed the hard drives as "Not Initialized", and when I wanted to format them, it gave me the message "Could not write to the last block of the disk".
I have a Mother INTEL S5520SC, in which the YOSEMITE has been perfect for several years. The disc is a WD Green of 1 Tera. Two Cpu Xeon E5645, 40 mega of ram.
I SOLVE IT.
I did this:
I put the AppleAHCIPort v.328 in the Kexts / Other directory, in addition to other kexts that you can see in the photo.
I opened the Config.plist with the CLOVER v. 5.5, and in the “Kernel and Kexts Patches” tab, I added three patch lines for the ICH10R, respecting the order seen in my photo. First, the "fix I / O Error for ICH10" patch, then the "hot plug" and finally the "External icons patch".
ALSO:
I entered the "Kexts Installer" menu, below, and found that when I selected the Kexts / Other directory on the top right, only a few kexts appeared on the lower right, not all that really were in the folder. Then I selected them on the USB and moved them to that window, bottom right. (I don't know if that will have helped much, since it was asking the CLOVER to copy the kexts in the same place where they already were)
Finally, also in “Kernel and Kexts Patches” in the tab “ForceKextsToLoad” I added the complete path of the AppleAHCIPort file that is in the Kexts / Other.

I don't know which of all those things did the magic. Now the HS recognizes all my HD and SSD.
Thank you very much to everyone who wrote and helped me with their posts.
hay....
nice to find another s5520sc....
Can you tell me what os you are on now? I realy like to go up from high sierra and cannot do that...i'm missing something....be glad if you can help.
thanks.
good health!

Hi yaalla4123 !

I am currently using Catalina 10.6 But the Ethernet ports have random interrupts. Sometimes the internet connection is lost after 10 minutes, sometimes after 1 hour. You have to disconnect the cable and reconnect it, or restart the hackintosh. Also, on High Sierra I had CPU frezzes. Now in Catalina, there are no more frezzes.

Hi yaalla4123 !

I am currently using Catalina 10.6 But the Ethernet ports have random interrupts. Sometimes the internet connection is lost after 10 minutes, sometimes after 1 hour. You have to disconnect the cable and reconnect it, or restart the hackintosh. Also, on High Sierra I had CPU frezzes. Now in Catalina, there are no more frezzes.
Hi.....
wow good to hear.
can you share you EFI folder so I can at least boot and have a smile :headbang:
many thanks.
Good Health everybody

Hi.....
wow good to hear.
many thanks.
Good Health everybody
Hi! Sorry for the delay. Last week my water cooling stopped working. Please give me a few days to buy another, and I will gladly post my EFI.

Hi.....
wow good to hear.
many thanks.
Good Health everybody
Hi! I just bought a new water-cooling. My system is running again. I attached for you a screen shot of my EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER FOLDER. And a copy of my config.plist WARNING: Don't use the last version of APPLEIGB 5.3, my system crash with it. Stay with version 4.1.2.
Ethernet works for a while and then stops working.
You have to remove "Ethernet(en0)" from System Preferences Network and then add it again so that it works again without turning off the computer. My version of Catalina is 10.15.6 and I can't download upgrades.

MOTHERBOARD : Intel S5520SC
Two XEON E5645
40 gigs Ram.
SSD Disk 500 G, and 3 standard disks.

I hope all this helps you. Many greetings!

Attachments

• EFI Catalina.png
    EFI Catalina.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 84
  • config.plist
    9.4 KB · Views: 79
Hi! I just bought a new water-cooling. My system is running again. I attached for you a screen shot of my EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/OTHER FOLDER. And a copy of my config.plist WARNING: Don't use the last version of APPLEIGB 5.3, my system crash with it. Stay with version 4.1.2.
Ethernet works for a while and then stops working.
You have to remove "Ethernet(en0)" from System Preferences Network and then add it again so that it works again without turning off the computer. My version of Catalina is 10.15.6 and I can't download upgrades.

MOTHERBOARD : Intel S5520SC
Two XEON E5645
40 gigs Ram.
SSD Disk 500 G, and 3 standard disks.

I hope all this helps you. Many greetings!
Thanks .
I managed to get it working . don't remember the hole process but I have shared my EFI folder in a different post.
10.5.7.... with alpine ridge thunderbolt ....
Good Health!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back