GA-P55A-UD3
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-860 CPU @ 2.8GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti G1 Gaming 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
I've used a work around I found on ****** to actually get wireless n working enough to get 5kbps so I can Google fixes, but I can't get this wifi card to work properly at all.

I've patched it to show as a airport card, used a kext from Yosemite just to get the card to turn on and tried using the clover patches with the Sierra default kext.

Also patched dsdt with speedstep patch I found Tonymac posted, tried enabling in cover in various ways with and without fields checked or filled in... Generate p and c states only checked and nada, stuck at a multiplier of 9 and 1.2ghz.

I'll try and be more in detail tomorrow, it's almost 4am and I am tired and frustrated.

Hope someone will come along and remember the speedstep info and help translate to Clover from cameleon or Chimera.

The kext from Yosemite is io80211family.kext, also using the clover patch to cause the wifi card to be recognized as airport extreme 0x14e4, 0x854f with rehabmans fakepciid.kext and fakepciid_broadcom_wifi.kext.

Other patches were tried, but they didn't do anything and this method at least got a connection.

Will edit this from PC with links

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-pce-ac66-sierra-problems.204012/

That has most of the information, I am getting random reboots at the moment and can't post since it takes 5 minutes to load a page

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back