CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
-Aug 15, 2017-
I just finished building my first computer yesterday. I believe I was able to create a bootable drive with Sierra 10.12.2. Here are my components:

-Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 (compatible with 6th and 7th gen. intel processors)
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4.2GHz 7700k
-RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB
-Drive: 850 Evo SSD 500GB
-PSU: Corsair 650M
-GPU: EVGA GeForce ATX 1050 SC Gaming 2GB

I selected the Legacy BIOS firmware but I am unsure this is correct. I configured my BIOS in accordance with the build guide step 3.

After turning the computer on, I press F12 is says "welcome to clover 4045: Scan Entries" and get to the boot select menu. I select "Boot macOS from USB" then the screen goes black.

When I instead select the partition with "Boot Clover from EFI" it also goes to a black screen with a blinking underscore curser at the top left.

-1 hour later...-
I created a bootable drive in with the UEFI firmware and it seems to be working. Saw the Apple icon, Clover opened and asked me to select language...Everything seems to be working!

Last edited:
what options did you select in clover

-Aug 15, 2017-
I just finished building my first computer yesterday. I believe I was able to create a bootable drive with Sierra 10.12.2. Here are my components:

-Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 (compatible with 6th and 7th gen. intel processors)
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4.2GHz 7700k
-RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB
-Drive: 850 Evo SSD 500GB
-PSU: Corsair 650M
-GPU: EVGA GeForce ATX 1050 SC Gaming 2GB

I selected the Legacy BIOS firmware but I am unsure this is correct. I configured my BIOS in accordance with the build guide step 3.

After turning the computer on, I press F12 is says "welcome to clover 4045: Scan Entries" and get to the boot select menu. I select "Boot macOS from USB" then the screen goes black.

When I instead select the partition with "Boot Clover from EFI" it also goes to a black screen with a blinking underscore curser at the top left.

-1 hour later...-
I created a bootable drive in with the UEFI firmware and it seems to be working. Saw the Apple icon, Clover opened and asked me to select language...Everything seems to be working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back