Contribute
Register

[Solved?] i5-8400 on H310 M-ITX: Advices appreciated on First Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help. OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi did the trick :)

Hello guys, sorry for not responding... I am busy recently so I cannot get on Tonymac. No, I haven't finished my build; all the hardware is fine, but I haven't got the Hackintosh working yet - I am stuck on the circle-slash screen. I suspect that it is because of kexts (for USB?) and USB drive (I used a USB 3.0 drive on 2.0 port). @Vince, thanks for the kext folder! That ought to help.

@tyeh: thanks for the suggestion! But, I still obtained an i5-8400 as it is a lot easier to get. I messed around with my BIOS and it appears that I can manually tune the power the CPU recieves down should it get too hot. My rig is now running exposed with the stock cooler; I am planning to do the case mod after I get Hackintosh working. My current plan is to somehow custom-manufacture a set of heat pipe-blower fan CPU cooler along with a thin fan sucking air from the bottom cover position.
@yobro: I had decided to buy the NMVe SSD. With small files, SATA SSD should not be too different from NVMe SSD; I guess I might work more with large files, so that should help? Yes, DW1830 requires 3 antennae. I wouldn't receive it until September it though...

Last edited:
Glad to see your build is also working. (Have been following the other thread as well.)

Hey. I have the same components.
Someone earned integrated graphics? I still can't get her started.
"Graphics driver failed to load: could not register with framebuffer driver" and Graphics have a 7mb

Yes, USB ports and shutdown/restart working ok. I create a Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext according to these RehabMan instructions - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
For proper shutdown/restart you must use "OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi" from Clover install, with "AptioMemoryFix-64.efi" or "OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi" it won't shutdown or restart.

Hey @darthsian, would you mind sharing your SSDT with the USB fixes for the Prime H310T? I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Hey @darthsian, would you mind sharing your SSDT with the USB fixes for the Prime H310T? I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
Hi, here you are. Must be used together with RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.zip
    934 bytes · Views: 123
Btw, I’m using a BCM94360CS2 card with an adapter (https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CS2-Card-To-NGFF-M-2-Key-A-E-Adapter-For-Mac-OS-and-Hackintosh/391512537270?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20180213162448&meid=2b0c2481007b492685fccfe3e6848f24&pid=100930&rk=1&rkt=8&mehot=pp&sd=263437687821&itm=391512537270&_trksid=p2056116.c100930.m5375) and I‘m worried that the adapter is too long for the motherboard and won’t fit. Are you using a M.2 adapter for WiFi by any chance and could tell me if the clearance is enough? Sorry for all the questions!
Im using BCM94352Z for wifi and BT -https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Broadc...h=item3abf65141b:g:q2wAAOSw1DtXGd2c:rk:1:pf:1
I think your adapter will not fit.

Thanks a lot! :) Did you have any issues with iGPU or other annoyances? Some people report issues with the H310 chipset. I’m planning to do a build with this motherboard.
So far, only the DisplayPort output work now. I plan to do some attempts with ports in frame buffer for working HDMI port, but I did not have time for that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back