i5-8400
Graphics
Radeon RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have been working in my first hackintosh during these last days. It is almost done but I have a lot of flickering and my graphic card is not working properly (I would say the graphic acceleration is the problem). I could not fix it yet.

I have been reading a lot of post, guides, watching videos and so on, here and there, but I am still a little confused about some terms, fakeids, kext, etc. and, because of this, I am not able to identify which is the best solution for me. After many unsuccessful attempts -getting reboots during the initial boot or no improvements- I request your help directly with this post.

Do you know the exact guide/video that I should follow? That would help me a lot.

My computer:

Asus Rog Strix H370i-gaming

i5 8400

Noctua NH-L9I

RAM Crucial 8 GB

Monitor through HDMI port.

Wifi USB

Bluetooth USB (coming)

High Sierra 10.13.6

Thank you,

Note 1: EFI attached

Note 2: If it helps, I have to say that I have copied some kexts in /System/Library/Extensions/, others in /Library/Extensions and others in .../Clover/kext/other/ following different guides. If you need more information, could you provide with some idea to send you the whole list of kexts? There are a lot of them in/System/Library/Extensions, and I cannot make just a screenshot.

Note 3: I am using Clover Configurator 5.2.0.0

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 220
Last edited by a moderator:
Up

- I've made a new fresh installation and all kexts installed are now in Library/Extensions. I am still trying to fix Intel UHD 630 7MB and flickering.

Any idea, please?

Hi Novito, just chiming in here because I'm in the same boat as you.

It's possible that no one has helped yet because you are missing the complete 'Problem Reporting Files,' as described in detail here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Instead of compiling the files yourself, it is recommended to use the 'gen_debug' tool described here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

I hope that helps.

Hi Novito, just chiming in here because I'm in the same boat as you.

It's possible that no one has helped yet because you are missing the complete 'Problem Reporting Files,' as described in detail here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Instead of compiling the files yourself, it is recommended to use the 'gen_debug' tool described here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/

I hope that helps.
Hello Starmachines!

I am getting the same problem here, I own a Gigabyte H370m ds3h, everything is working, my only problem is the UHD630, but I have 31mb vram I've tried a lot of solving threads here in forum, but unfortunately I am not with a solution, here are all my informations:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 13.55.21.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 13.55.21.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 190
  • ioregSaved.10.13.6.txt
    653.1 KB · Views: 206
  • CLOVER.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 116
  • CLOVER.zip
    16.4 MB · Views: 125
Hi Starmachines, Alowez,

Finally I could not fix it but I bought a Radeon RX 560 and it worked out of the box.

I hope it helps :)

Hey Novito, I've done the same, but I've bought a GTX 750 TI 1 GB and it worked "almost" out of the box!
Now my hackintosh is working as a normal iMac 27" mid 2017 :)
I just need to fix my wifi dongle, but I think that will no be possible because it doesn't work on a real mac, lol!

My simple bluetooth dongle is working perfectly :D

Hi Starmachines, Alowez,

Finally I could not fix it but I bought a Radeon RX 560 and it worked out of the box.

I hope it helps :)
Hi Novito, sorry for my delay in responding. Thanks for mentioning the Radeon RX 560. I might have to follow your lead because it seems that igpu acceleration is not possible with this mobo. Just curious...are you happy with the Rx 560? What are your main use cases (e.g. video production, gaming, etc)?

EDIT:

I have succeeded to get igpu acceleration working by using the config file shared by @backwardmac in this thread. I've attached it here as well in case it can help anyone.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.3 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back