Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] I can't get my gtx750ti working. Screen turns black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus x555ub (laptop)
CPU
Intel Core i5 6200u
Graphics
Geforce 940m
Hello Guys,
I just installed OS X el capitan on my PC thanks to the help of P1LGRIM but now I have another problem. I can't get my gtx 750ti running. I installed the web driver, but every time I boot up the screen goes black after the apple logo.
Additional information my mainboard supports native nvram.
Thank you for your help.

Old problem: (fixed)
(Hello guys,
after a break from the hackintosh scene I wanted to try it again, but i got a problem. So I installed mac os x snow leopard from the retail dvd with iboot and it works perfectly. But I only wanted to install this version to download el capitan. So I downloaded it and installed it with Unibeast to a 16Gb usb stick like it is shown in the installation guide. Then I booted from the usb stick and clover showed up, I selected my usb stick and booted it. I saw a underscore in the top left corner and after 5 min my pc shut down and rebooted. So I did it again but in clover i selected boot in singel user mode and verbose mode. After that i saw the underscore again after 1 or 2 mins there came up a line of plus signs below and it shut down again. So I booted snow leopard up again and installed the usb stick with unibeast again but instead of using legacy mode I selecte UEFI mode ... I booted from USB stick and i cant even get in clover.

Thank you for your help)

Last edited:
Guys are you there?

The Rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic.
The question that you ask may have already been answered

Search

Do you need more information to help me?

I tried it with nv_disable=1and slide=0 like it is shown there, but it still doesn't work
You didn't notice where it says :
The Big List of Solutions said:
Boot freezes on Apple logo, verbose shows only 2-3 lines
Typically ends with a row of pluses or Using reloc... no Hibernate... no
Note that you must use nv_disable=1 until you have installed the operating system and web drivers.

You didn't notice where it says :

Note that you must use nv_disable=1 until you have installed the operating system and web drivers.

Sry that I didn't saw it. But I replaced it and tried it again but still same result.

Sry that I didn't saw it. But I replaced it and tried it again but still same result.
Again I can only recommend that you use Search to see how others have managed to install on similar hardware.
Examples :
Go to Advanced BIOS Features -> CPU Feature -> Execute Bit Support. Set it to ENABLED.
I've been using "PCIRootUID=1".
I just had to enable No-execute memory protection in the BIOS.
Dont know if your aware of this but Apple has stopped support for X58 chipsets when they introduced Lion 10.7.4 - and this has been that way ever since. SO X58 is not supported. So this chipset is ok w Snow Leo and Lion up till 10.7.3:

But if you use the 10.6.8 Rollback for ASUS X58 System this can restore the functionality of these systems for booting.
WHen U apply any Apple Update this needs to be selected again - not sure as to why its labled ASUS X58 by the TonyMac crew!

THis was not what it was called in MultiBeast 5.5.x
This Option is under the System section in MB 6.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back