Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] I can't get my gtx750ti working. Screen turns black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any ideas?
As I understand it and I should say that I do not use the Nvidia web drivers and most of my builds have UEFI, you have several issues here :
In order for your unsupported GTX 750ti graphics to work you must use the web drivers.
In order to use the web drivers certain information must be retained in NVRAM.
If your motherboard does not natively support NVRAM then it must be emulated (The problem 6 solution).
Emulated NVRAM is not supported when Clover is installed in legacy mode.

Therefore your first task is to determine if your motherboard natively supports NVRAM.
If it does you can proceed with troubleshooting to find the cause of your problem.
If it does not then your only real recourse would be to change your graphics card for one which has native support.

Last edited:
As I understand it and I should say that I do not use the Nvidia web drivers and most of my builds have UEFI, you have several issues here :
In order for your unsupported GTX 750ti graphics to work you must use the web drivers.
In order to use the web drivers certain information must be retained in NVRAM.
If your motherboard does not natively support NVRAM then it must be emulated (The problem 6 solution).
Emulated NVRAM is not supported when Clover is installed in legacy mode.

Therefore your first task is to determine if your motherboard natively supports NVRAM.
If it does you can proceed with troubleshooting to find the cause of your problem.
If it does not then your only real recourse would be to change your graphics card for one which has native support.

I looked up the nvram support, but I didnt found anything about my mobo and Nvram. Other question, can I install Clover in UEFI mode?

I looked up the nvram support, but I didnt found anything about my mobo and Nvram. Other question, can I install Clover in UEFI mode?
Only if your motherboard supports it.

Well I don't think so. But where can I see if it supports nvram
The easiest way would be to test it.
You use the Terminal to insert a value into NVRAM.
Test to confirm and then restart the computer.
Once you have restarted you examine NVRAM to see if the value is still present.
If it is still there then native NVRAM is supported.

Last edited:
The easiest way would be to test it.
You use the Terminal to insert a value into NVRAM.
Test to confirm and then restart the computer.
Once you have restarted you examine NVRAM to see if the value is still present.
If it is still there then native NVRAM is supported.

Wait I didn't understand exactly what you want me to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back