Contribute
Register

[Solved] I can not understand SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is a new angle, GPU PM isn't something I've looked at yet. I have a 980ti, but I also have thunderbolt stuff attached, so I don't let my system sleep or I loose connectivity.

I have the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin showing under CPU0 in ioreg.

I have a Skylake / 100 Series mobo. All the guides linked only go up to Sandy Bridge and Sandy Bridge looks like it uses this instead of the X86PlatformPlugin.

So there is a new angle, GPU PM isn't something I've looked at yet. I have a 980ti, but I also have thunderbolt stuff attached, so I don't let my system sleep or I loose connectivity.

I have the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin showing under CPU0 in ioreg.

I have a Skylake / 100 Series mobo. All the guides linked only go up to Sandy Bridge and Sandy Bridge looks like it uses this instead of the X86PlatformPlugin.

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin means CPU PM not properly implemented.
Same procedures for CPU/GPU PM since Snow Leopard apply to current versions... (although I don't think we fully understood until Mountain Lion timeframe..., and a few things changed when Ivy Bridge support was added (10.7.5), and a few more things changed when Haswell support was added (10.8.5)).

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin means CPU PM not properly implemented.
Same procedures for CPU/GPU PM since Snow Leopard apply to current versions... (although I don't think we fully understood until Mountain Lion timeframe..., and a few things changed when Ivy Bridge support was added (10.7.5), and a few more things changed when Haswell support was added (10.8.5)).

OK, sorry to be dense. Just learning all about this with my new build. So even though it looks like PM is working ok, it's actually not native without the new SSDT.

I generated a new SSDT with -f 4600 and now I see the X86PlatformPlugin is loaded. Overclock works, CPU throttling works as expected and CPU temps are now a couple of degrees cooler.

Thanks again! I used your USB fix to generate my usb ssdt as well and it's all working great, you guys and this forum are a great resource, thank you so much for putting up with the noobs and our questions :)

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 10.03.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 10.05.50 AM.png

Hello @Beskone,

Can you detail how you created your new SSDT. My build is also OC to 4.6 Ghz and I want to give it a try.

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back