ASROCK Z77 Extreme4
CPU
Intel i5 3570K
Graphics
Palit GTX 780 Super Jetstream
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello community,

i just switched from Sierra to High Sierra and i can boot to the Desktop without my Nvidia GTX 780 just fine.
I removed the old Web Drivers, rebooted, did the SIP magic, followed the guide here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...er-on-high-sierra-black-screen-panics.234390/

But as soon as I insert the GPU into my PC, connect HDMI or DVI to it, i can see the verbose output it then continues just as normal, but signal to the display is lost and nothing is happening after that.

I already changed the plist to use the new Clover NvidiaWeb key and removed the old parameter from the boot string.
I changed the System Definition from iMac14,2 on the UniBeast Install stick to iMac14,1 to test this out if it fixes something.

I attached my full CLOVER zip, maybe i am missing something when i copied the clover files from unibeast to make my PC boot again after switching from Sierra.
The Clover debug.log says something about one of the kexts:
Failed to load extra kext (Info.plist not found): EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other\NvidiaGraphicsFixup_1.2.2.kext
But i do not know if this could lead to my problem.

-- EDIT:
I also tried booting with "InjectNvidia" and without it

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 171
  • debug.log.txt
    1.4 MB · Views: 323
  • nvram.plist
    630 bytes · Views: 300
Last edited:
ADDITION:

I could finally boot, by disabling InjectNvidia and the following Changes inside the BIOS:

IGPU Dual (Lucid) disabled
Shared Memory from fixed "64MB" to "Auto" to disable the onboard graphics card

The system is now booted showing my "GTX 780 3GB" correctly
Everything still seems laggy, but maybe because of a hard drive being used
I will test further and report back

I'd like to add my own two cents here for those of you still struggling because I found something out that is literally not mentioned anywhere and I should know, I spent a solid 3 weeks troubleshooting my unit with a GeForce 780 on a gigabute z370p mobo.

You must plug in the graphics card on an x16 pci slot (the first one atleast). That's usually the slot closest to the CPU. Mine was labeled PCIEX16.

I was getting black screen and failure to boot or even post with the GPU plugged in until I switched it over. Keep in mind I followed every other concievable Nvidia web driver/kext and boot configuration tutorial out there first. I have lilu.lext and the other one, I did the enabled SIP web driver install, I have my bios bettings dialed in. I even checked and reseated the CPU, RAM and GPU multiple times and updated the BIOS to f4 (newest edrion for z370p). But the thing that cinched it was the PCIEX16 slot. The other two slots are X4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back