Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1589
CPU
E5 1650 0
Graphics
GTS 450
Good evening. I'm trying to install High Sierra that I downloaded onto my MacBook Air within my HP z420 (E5 1650) Workstation. Currently I have Ubuntu 16.04 installed on my HDD but I have created a partition for MacOS. I've changed my bios from IDE to RAID+AHCI since this was the only other option and enabled UEFI boot mode. The image that I attached is what I've been seeing for the past couple of days now and I would be grateful for any help that you can provide me.

I've tried the main tutorial here but no luck. Then I tried to use config file and kexts from https://github.com/NTT123/Hackintosh-HP-Z420-MacOS-High-Sierra-10.13 and nothing has changed. I attach my EFI folder if that's any use.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 244
  • P_20180117_165835_HDR.jpg
    P_20180117_165835_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 901
Good evening. I'm trying to install High Sierra that I downloaded onto my MacBook Air within my HP z420 (E5 1650) Workstation. Currently I have Ubuntu 16.04 installed on my HDD but I have created a partition for MacOS. I've changed my bios from IDE to RAID+AHCI since this was the only other option and enabled UEFI boot mode. The image that I attached is what I've been seeing for the past couple of days now and I would be grateful for any help that you can provide me.

I've tried the main tutorial here but no luck. Then I tried to use config file and kexts from https://github.com/NTT123/Hackintosh-HP-Z420-MacOS-High-Sierra-10.13 and nothing has changed. I attach my EFI folder if that's any use.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your day.
  • The above error is often seen in a High Sierra boot disk that is corrupt.
  • I doubt your GTS 450 is supported in macOS Sierra or macOS High Sierra

• The above error is often seen in a High Sierra boot disk that is corrupt.
  • I doubt your GTS 450 is supported in macOS Sierra or macOS High Sierra

Hello there,

I ended up downloading Sierra to see if that would work and to my surprise there was no kernel panic. However, my SATA HDD is not recognised during the installation and in disk utility. Do you have any tips?

Attachments

• P_20180118_083755.jpg
    P_20180118_083755.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 508
Hello there,

I ended up downloading Sierra to see if that would work and to my surprise there was no kernel panic. However, my SATA HDD is not recognised during the installation and in disk utility. Do you have any tips?
  • When you reach the Installation screen that you have posted the above image from, click Windows key (CMD key) + 2 ( number two key not F2) or press the "View" from menu bar of that screen and then click and [√ ]"Show ALL Devices
  • If that does not show your Disk, you will have to run Terminal >diskutil list command to find the IDENTIFIER and use that IDENTIFIER to run Partition and Format commands . If you reach that stage post again for help.

• When you reach the Installation screen that you have posted the above image from, click Windows key (CMD key) + 2 ( number two key not F2) or press the "View" from menu bar of that screen and then click and [√ ]"Show ALL Devices
  • If that does not show your Disk, you will have to run Terminal >diskutil list command to find the IDENTIFIER and use that IDENTIFIER to run Partition and Format commands . If you reach that stage post again for help.

Hi. Unfortunately, I wasn't getting anything. The internal hard drive is still not showing up. I attach the pictures. Right now I'm trying to install it with legacy boot, I hope that would help.

Attachments

• P_20180119_181006_HDR.jpg
    P_20180119_181006_HDR.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 356
  • P_20180119_181023_HDR.jpg
    P_20180119_181023_HDR.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 352
  • P_20180119_181228_HDR.jpg
    P_20180119_181228_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 394
  • P_20180119_181243_HDR.jpg
    P_20180119_181243_HDR.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 397
I was able to solve this problem by upgrading my bios from 2.85 to 3.9. When I upgraded I noticed that I was given an option to choose only AHCI as opposed to RAID/AHCI. If anyone faces the same problem you also need to make sure that your HDD or partition of your HDD is set to hfs+. I've now got problems with graphics but that's for another thread.

I was able to solve this problem by upgrading my bios from 2.85 to 3.9. When I upgraded I noticed that I was given an option to choose only AHCI as opposed to RAID/AHCI. If anyone faces the same problem you also need to make sure that your HDD or partition of your HDD is set to hfs+. I've now got problems with graphics but that's for another thread.
I just finished installing osx Mavericks on the HP Z420 yesterday. Everything runs as expected. Gotta run 10.9.5 for some specific apps to work ( i work in audio field). What is your vga? Mine runs great after web driver installation and nvda_drv=1

Hello there,

The answer is GUID partition, you have to erase in GUID not in MBR

Hello there,

Can you tell me how to install sierria? I have tested versions 10.12.4 and 10.13.6 and failed
If you configure me, you can tell me and how you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back