[solved] HP Spectre X360 -13t Coffee Lake won't boot from internal ssd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H55CM
CPU
I3-530
Graphics
I recently got a Spectre x360 2 in 1 laptop and try to install HS on it. I am able to install HS on the laptop. However I have encountered something strange. I can boot the HS from my USB disk without any problem, however I cannot boot it from the EFI from the internal ssd (both have the same version of clover and same drivers). The bootloader cannot pass the very early stage with OsxaptiofixDrv (see attachment). I have tried multiple version of the OsxaptiofixDrv however non seems to work (some won't even boot from USB). What can be the reason that the same bootloader can work with USB but not internal ssd? Anyone have had the same issue before? I am attaching my clover folder here too.

Attachments

• CLOVER 2.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 95
  • 2017-12-15 22 58 33.jpg
    2017-12-15 22 58 33.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 245
I recently got a Spectre x360 2 in 1 laptop and try to install HS on it. I am able to install HS on the laptop. However I have encountered something strange. I can boot the HS from my USB disk without any problem, however I cannot boot it from the EFI from the internal ssd (both have the same version of clover and same drivers). The bootloader cannot pass the very early stage with OsxaptiofixDrv (see attachment). I have tried multiple version of the OsxaptiofixDrv however non seems to work (some won't even boot from USB). What can be the reason that the same bootloader can work with USB but not internal ssd? Anyone have had the same issue before? I am attaching my clover folder here too.

Your Clover/kexts/Other is wrong (it appears to be for a different laptop).
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hi, Rehabman, I deleted every kext and only kept FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, the result is the same. I don't think kext is the problem here since my USB drive have exactly the same kext. Is my kernel even loaded in this case?

Hi, Rehabman, I deleted every kext and only kept FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, the result is the same. I don't think kext is the problem here since my USB drive have exactly the same kext. Is my kernel even loaded in this case?

Did you follow the guide exactly?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Why no problem reporting files?
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm having a very similar issue with a similar laptop (HP Spectre 13-AC033dx). What's interesting is that, when Clover boots off the internal SSD, I always get this keyboard icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. It's pretty much the kiss of death for trying to boot up. If I see that icon, it means that booting from the internal SSD to MacOS is going to fail after the row of plus signs with either a hard lock up or a reboot.

I was actually pulling together some support files to make my own post when I cam across this one. So, I'll post here. Attached is the full EFI folder from both the installer and internal SSD along with the TXT and HTML outputs of CPU-Z.
I followed the guides linked above, but to no avail except booting from the installer. I've been reading and trying instructions for other systems with Kaby Lake and/or HD 620 graphics without luck as well.
**EDIT: I also paired down the kexts/other folder to just the following:
  • FakeSMC
  • IntelGraphicsFixup
  • Lilu
  • USBIntectAll
  • VoodooPS2Controller
With the USB installer it won't boot unless the ig-platform is set to 0x12345678. I tried setting that back to its original value of 0x591b0000 on the SSD but it made no difference. I still can't get past the row of plus signs with the keyboard icon in the upper-right corner. Every once in a while both the USB installer and the internal SSD stop on "does printf work".

Attachments

• MacOS Stuff.zip
    16.9 MB · Views: 113
  • MVIMG_20171218_154052.jpg
    MVIMG_20171218_154052.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
I'm having a very similar issue with a similar laptop (HP Spectre 13-AC033dx). What's interesting is that, when Clover boots off the internal SSD, I always get this keyboard icon in the upper-right corner of the screen. It's pretty much the kiss of death for trying to boot up. If I see that icon, it means that booting from the internal SSD to MacOS is going to fail after the row of plus signs with either a hard lock up or a reboot.

I was actually pulling together some support files to make my own post when I cam across this one. So, I'll post here. Attached is the full EFI folder from both the installer and internal SSD along with the TXT and HTML outputs of CPU-Z.
I followed the guides linked above, but to no avail except booting from the installer. I've been reading and trying instructions for other systems with Kaby Lake and/or HD 620 graphics without luck as well.
**EDIT: I also paired down the kexts/other folder to just the following:
  • FakeSMC
  • IntelGraphicsFixup
  • Lilu
  • USBIntectAll
  • VoodooPS2Controller
With the USB installer it won't boot unless the ig-platform is set to 0x12345678. I tried setting that back to its original value of 0x591b0000 on the SSD but it made no difference. I still can't get past the row of plus signs with the keyboard icon in the upper-right corner. Every once in a while both the USB installer and the internal SSD stop on "does printf work".

Do a search for Preboot.efi solution.

Do a search for Preboot.efi solution.
I'm finding a lot of info on how to hide Preboot and Recovery from the GUI when searching for "Preboot.efi solution." I tried it for kicks but it makes no difference.

Is there something more specific I should be searching for, or perhaps a specific thread I should follow for this?

I'm finding a lot of info on how to hide Preboot and Recovery from the GUI

That's not what you're looking for.
I think there is an HP Spectre specific guide/thread you will find the Preboot.efi work around.

This is exactly the problem. I just noticed the keyboard icon appears in my internal SSD boot but not in my USB boot. Now it makes all the sense now.

I too googled "Preboot.efi", but cannot find anything related to hackintosh/clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back