Contribute
Register

[solved] HP Probook 4530s Clover Hotpatch 10.9.5 problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Probook 4530s Clover Hotpatch 10.9.5 problem.

I guess it was that version of Clover what was causing the problem. Get a Apple Logo and progress circle now finally. Only one thing i have is with Bluetooth it takes awhile for Mavericks to detect the Bluetooth it says No Bluetooth Hardware detected but after 20 seconds it detected. Isn't like that with 10.6.8 & 10.11.4 so not sure what that is about.

Only one thing i have is with Bluetooth it takes awhile for Mavericks to detect the Bluetooth it says No Bluetooth Hardware detected but after 20 seconds it detected. Isn't like that with 10.6.8 & 10.11.4 so not sure what that is about.

It is typical. I think what happens is bluetooth starts really quick, discovers the device is not working, sets a timer to check later... then IOath3kfrmwr.kext uploads firmware to the device. Some time later (20-30sec) bluetooth checks again for working hardware... this time, because firmware is loaded, it works.

Apple products do not require a firmware uploader, so the system software involved assumes firmware is there and the device should work immediately. This was changed in later versions when they added better support for devices needing firmware.

Okay so theres nothing to worry about. You can mark this thread as solved :thumbup: Thank you for your time helping me mate really appreciate it :) One more thing i must ask the dummy hda I'm currently using is AppleHDA_ProBook is that the correct one for 10.11.4 and 10.9.5? its working fine but not sure if its correct. The card reader in my Probook doesn't work neither.

Okay so theres nothing to worry about. You can mark this thread as solved :thumbup: Thank you for your time helping me mate really appreciate it :) One more thing i must ask the dummy hda I'm currently using is AppleHDA_ProBook is that the correct one for 10.11.4 and 10.9.5? its working fine but not sure if its correct.

The matrix for HDA is this:

If you're not multi-booting with 10.9.x, use AppleHDAHCD_ProBook (with zml.zlib patch) on 10.11 and 10.10.

If you're multi-booting into 10.11/10.10 with 10.9.x, use AppleHDA_ProBook.kext (without zml.zlib patch) on 10.11 and 10.10.

As far as 10.9 and earlier, no choice but to use AppleHDA_ProBook.kext (without zml.zlib patch).

I have zml.zlib disabled in my Config.plist I'm using AppleHDA_ProBook in 10.11.4 which is working fine without no problems in Mavericks I'm using AppleHDA_ProBook so I'm using AppleHDA_ProBook in both 10.11.4 and 10.9.5 not having no problems so far but you did say something about a Dummy.HDA?

I have zml.zlib disabled in my Config.plist I'm using AppleHDA_ProBook in 10.11.4 which is working fine without no problems in Mavericks I'm using AppleHDA_ProBook so I'm using AppleHDA_ProBook in both 10.11.4 and 10.9.5 not having no problems so far but you did say something about a Dummy.HDA?

It is a correct setup with your multiboot scenario. AppleHDA_ProBook is a 'dummy' HDA. It is installed with 'make install_dummyhda'

Thats great :thumbup: Thanks for you're help mate. You can mark this as solved :).

Thats great :thumbup: Thanks for you're help mate. You can mark this as solved :).

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back