Contribute
Register

[Solved] HP Pavilion dv7 4290US Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I searched evething regarding edid files inject to make the laptop screen to work, no luck with custom etc.
The gpu is working correct.
Look the screen shot.
I need help with the edid file see the second photo.

Do you have QE/CI working on the external?

Yes take a look, only the laptop screen not working.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 177
Weird... My Keyboard & trackpad worked out of the box with the extra kexts. My internal screen isn't working. I got it to work previously by booting into the installer and going to terminal, going to S/L/E and removing the amd 5000 kext, then rebooting, but it couldn't drive the external display standalone, just cloning the internal display, so I reinstalled it. I can provide my booting files if you want to try, but I'm having a quota of problems as well. The laptop started shutting down out of the blue! I'm guessing is the 8gb memory stick I added, running without it to check

Rehab, when I installed clover locally, It didn't install on the EFI volume, although it is there, everything is installed on the main partition, should this be concerning?

Last edited:
Rehab, when I installed clover locally, It didn't install on the EFI volume, although it is there, everything is installed on the main partition, should this be concerning?

Clover can be installed that way (legacy root), but the recommendation is to install to the EFI partition.

Hello Adrikei,
Can you upload the kexts that you used for trackpad and keyboard please?
I can upload if you want the config.plist that i use till now. All works perfect except internal screen and pad-keyboard.
When you took out the ati hd5000 the internal screen worked?
Thanks

Last update!!
All works except gpu with acceleration because i disable amd hd5000 and amd hd6000.
I have signal and full resolution in internal screen!!!

Last update!!
All works except gpu with acceleration because i disable amd hd5000 and amd hd6000.
I have signal and full resolution in internal screen!!!

Nice!

Sorry I couldn't get to my laptop yet. Is your hd3000 showing just 5mb of memory or some other useful number?
It was pretty sluggish when I did it

Nice!

Sorry I couldn't get to my laptop yet. Is your hd3000 showing just 5mb of memory or some other useful number?
It was pretty sluggish when I did it
Yes 5mb :(
But all the others work flawless and fast except gpu, mouse and track are ok now.
Its funny because i have the graphic card kext that works but no internal signal. I would find the way!!

Yes 5mb :(
But all the others work flawless and fast except gpu, mouse and track are ok now.
Its funny because i have the graphic card kext that works but no internal signal. I would find the way!!

If your BIOS has the ability to enable HD3000, you should do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back