Contribute
Register

[solved]HP OMEN 15-dc Battery error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I used the DSDT you posted, the one called DSDTv3debugnoinit.aml
That was the only one that worked for me. After the first time, patching my own DSDT breaks my system, it does not boot.
Now I have no battery problems, sleep/wake/shutdown/restart works well, native power management working ok.
I also disabled nvme with nvme=-1 arg at boot, so Im just booting with secondary SSD that does not show on bio (I have to manually select the EFI file).
Hey man when you used that Dsdtv3 did you have any other SSDTs or just the dsdt alone? And what kind of config plist you used? Thanks a lot!

Hey man when you used that Dsdtv3 did you have any other SSDTs or just the dsdt alone? And what kind of config plist you used? Thanks a lot!
I think I had de DSDT alone, I don't really remember. I gave up on this system because brightness didn't work and battery duration was to short. I finally migrated almost all my workflow (video editing/color correcting/davinci resolve) to Windows by now, because all my systems have nvidia cards and theres no more support on macos

I think I had de DSDT alone, I don't really remember. I gave up on this system because brightness didn't work and battery duration was to short. I finally migrated almost all my workflow (video editing/color correcting/davinci resolve) to Windows by now, because all my systems have nvidia cards and theres no more support on macos
I got it working with the DSDT and other SSDTs actually, but yeah I'm just using a software-filter-based brightness control right now and battery is surely trash. Running High Sierra for the GPU support and it's ok for me as of right now. I'm glad you posted about this a long time ago otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get it working. So thanks man! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back