Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion X360-Clover
CPU
i3-8130u
Graphics
UHD 620, 1366x768
IMG_0305.JPG
Hello, I'm trying to install snow leopard on my hp elitebook 8460p with iBoot 3.3.0 I was following a guide made for hp probook 4530s but when I try to boot I get stuck the apple loading so I tried verbose mode and I'm now getting this in verbose mode(image attached ) I have a retail disk I'm using btw

You may ask why I want snow leopard and that's because I'm trying to get to El Capitan to install on this computer I don't have access to a mac Any input is thanked

View attachment 222890 Hello, I'm trying to install snow leopard on my hp elitebook 8460p with iBoot 3.3.0 I was following a guide made for hp probook 4530s but when I try to boot I get stuck the apple loading so I tried verbose mode and I'm now getting this in verbose mode(image attached ) I have a retail disk I'm using btw

You may ask why I want snow leopard and that's because I'm trying to get to El Capitan to install on this computer I don't have access to a mac Any input is thanked

You won't be able to download 10.11 unless you already downloaded it.
You should try safe mode... or even iBoot legacy.

You won't be able to download 10.11 unless you already downloaded it.
You should try safe mode... or even iBoot legacy.
I tried iBoot legacy but the computer just shuts Down when I select the disk. I think the glide point error might have something to do with the pointing stick this computer has any way I can get around that

Trying safe mode now it's at the apple logo and has be loading for a hour or so just gonna let it run because I've tried everything including-v and -x and pcirootudi=1 -x

Last edited:
I tried iBoot legacy but the computer just shuts Down when I select the disk. I think the glide point error might have something to do with the pointing stick this computer has any way I can get around that

Trying safe mode now it's at the apple logo and has be loading for a hour or so just gonna let it run because I've tried everything including-v and -x and pcirootudi=1 -x

pcirootudi does nothing (it is not a valid flag). And you don't need PCIRootUID (if that's what you meant).

pcirootudi does nothing (it is not a valid flag). And you don't need PCIRootUID (if that's what you meant).
Ok it's still stuck at the grey apple loading is there anything I can do to disable the point sick because in verbose mode that's what's stoping it

Ok it's still stuck at the grey apple loading is there anything I can do to disable the point sick because in verbose mode that's what's stoping it

It is unlikely that is the problem. More likely something else...
You could customize the iBoot setup (/Extra folder). From what I remember, there is a huge number of (unnecessary) kexts in there.

It is unlikely that is the problem. More likely something else...
You could customize the iBoot setup (/Extra folder). From what I remember, there is a huge number of (unnecessary) kexts in there.
Thank you so much I'll check it out what should I add or delete?

Thank you so much I'll check it out what should I add or delete?

You need only FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Everything else is not needed (assuming you can use USB keyboard/mouse).

Keep in mind an .mkext is actually a bundle of kexts.

image.jpg
You need only FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. Everything else is not needed (assuming you can use USB keyboard/mouse).

Keep in mind an .mkext is actually a bundle of kexts.
There are no kexts in the extra folder on the iBoot disk

image.jpg
Does this mean I can't install Mac OS X I thought I had intel 3000 graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back