Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I may be dead in the water with these. The detachable keyboard volume keys work just fine, but the hardware volume keys on the side of the device don't function. I've tried iolo with VoodooPS2 installed with no results as well as the ACPI debug methods. I've dug through the ioreg and DSDT, but haven't seen anything that screams volume keys to me. Anybody run into this issue and have some advice? (They don't work in Ubuntu either, so I don't have that as an option to dig through) I'm attaching my ioreg and dsdt just in case somebody knows something about where to look that I don't! Otherwise, everything but the PCI card reader functions so it's pretty much the best Tablet hack I've seen. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MacBook.zip
    547.3 KB · Views: 59
  • DSDT.dsl.zip
    92.2 KB · Views: 59
I may be dead in the water with these. The detachable keyboard volume keys work just fine, but the hardware volume keys on the side of the device don't function. I've tried iolo with VoodooPS2 installed with no results as well as the ACPI debug methods. I've dug through the ioreg and DSDT, but haven't seen anything that screams volume keys to me. Anybody run into this issue and have some advice? (They don't work in Ubuntu either, so I don't have that as an option to dig through) I'm attaching my ioreg and dsdt just in case somebody knows something about where to look that I don't! Otherwise, everything but the PCI card reader functions so it's pretty much the best Tablet hack I've seen. Thanks in advance!

Do they work with a vanilla install of Windows? (eg. no special OEM drivers/apps)

They do. The only HP driver I installed was for the Conexant audio and only because the windows driver kept dying on me, but the buttons worked with either. Seems that Windows 10 installs plenty of stuff all on its own tho. The only two things in the Device Manager that seems suspect to me are the 'ACPI fixed button feature' and 'Intel(R) Virtual Buttons'.

They do. The only HP driver I installed was for the Conexant audio and only because the windows driver kept dying on me, but the buttons worked with either. Seems that Windows 10 installs plenty of stuff all on its own tho. The only two things in the Device Manager that seems suspect to me are the 'ACPI fixed button feature' and 'Intel(R) Virtual Buttons'.

I wonder if you picked up some OEM features via Windows update.
But it could also be handled via ACPI and you just didn't patch ACPI correctly to find out where...

I wonder if you picked up some OEM features via Windows update.
But it could also be handled via ACPI and you just didn't patch ACPI correctly to find out where...

I only added the Debug methods and EC Instrument Queries, is there something else I can try? I was able to generate events with both the PS2 and EC stuff, just not the events I need.

I only added the Debug methods and EC Instrument Queries, is there something else I can try? I was able to generate events with both the PS2 and EC stuff, just not the events I need.

They might be handled as GPE.

I don't know what you mean by "generate events".

Hmmm...Ok, I'll give that a look. Thx.

No dice. Guess when they figure it out in Linux, I'll have a clue to go by. lol.

Found some more EC queries in one of the SSDTs that reference VGBI, which I believe to be a button interface. Will leaving the Debug methods in the DSDT and just adding the instrument query to the SSDT work? Or do I need to use the external declaration as well?

Found some more EC queries in one of the SSDTs that reference VGBI, which I believe to be a button interface. Will leaving the Debug methods in the DSDT and just adding the instrument query to the SSDT work? Or do I need to use the external declaration as well?

You can use ACPIDebug methods from the SSDT. There is a patch specifically for adding the necessary External declarations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back