Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP i5-dc0007nl-F.06
CPU
i5-8300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 & GTX 1050
Hi, I succefuly installed osx mojave on my Omen dc-0007nl with everything working except for the 3 minutes black sreen at the start (i am waiting for a fix), and battery status.
This is what i did (i got all this things form RehabMan's github):
- I installed OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver, repaired permission and rebuilt cache, after reboot i flashed the bios but no battery status
- I patched DSDT.aml with battery_HP-DV6-3165sf, that seems correct because with that i can see the battery percent and also there is only 2-4% difference between windows and osx (i have dual boot). But after flashing the bios and booting osx the message of faulty battery remain. Also battery doesen't seems to charge.
- I also installed OS Check Fix in the dsdt but that doesen't change anything.

Could be a problem of the dsdt or else?

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.7 KB · Views: 156
  • DSDT.aml
    314.4 KB · Views: 117
  • debug_14993.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
Hi, I succefuly installed osx mojave on my Omen dc-0007nl with everything working except for the 3 minutes black sreen at the start (i am waiting for a fix), and battery status.
This is what i did (i got all this things form RehabMan's github):
- I installed OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver, repaired permission and rebuilt cache, after reboot i flashed the bios but no battery status
- I patched DSDT.aml with battery_HP-DV6-3165sf, that seems correct because with that i can see the battery percent and also there is only 2-4% difference between windows and osx (i have dual boot). But after flashing the bios and booting osx the message of faulty battery remain. Also battery doesen't seems to charge.
- I also installed OS Check Fix in the dsdt but that doesen't change anything.

Could be a problem of the dsdt or else?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Ok there it is. Also I noticed that the battery discharge correctly but not charge in osx or windows

Attachments

• debug_14993.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 83
What happened seems so strange. I done the ec reset as you said then the pc booted up and in windows the battery was charging corretly. I then reboot to osx and also in there the battery was charging. I also controlled that it also discharge and it did. All sems perfect. Then i shutdown the pc and check the same things and it was all ok.
This time i boot up to osx and instead of doing a shutdown i done a reboot and so the message of the battery warning return and the battery doesn't charge no more. Have you some idea?

What happened seems so strange. I done the ec reset as you said then the pc booted up and in windows the battery was charging corretly. I then reboot to osx and also in there the battery was charging. I also controlled that it also discharge and it did. All sems perfect. Then i shutdown the pc and check the same things and it was all ok.
This time i boot up to osx and instead of doing a shutdown i done a reboot and so the message of the battery warning return and the battery doesn't charge no more. Have you some idea?

My guess is you didn't patch ACPI correctly.
Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also refer to the guide for correct starter plists:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I've already sent it
I will put it now in the starting post and here

Attachments

• debug_14993.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 87

I have checked that there were no error and also i used maciasl to auto patch with battery_HP-DV6-3165sf that i found in your github. Could only warning and optimization cause this problem?

I am gonna try now to boot with the clover config i used for the install process (that i got from your plist collection)...

Also can the nvram value cause problem? I had to install OsxAptioFixDrv-64 along with EmuVariableUefi-64 to make work nvram save across reboot.

patch with battery_HP-DV6-3165sf

Not recommended.
Your DSDT seems to match "HP G6 2221ss".

OsxAptioFixDrv-64 along with EmuVariableUefi-64 to make work nvram

For your hardware, typically would use AptioMemoryFix-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back