Contribute
Register

[Solved] HP 8100 SFF (i5 650 Arrandale) No USB's at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO 15-X9-9RT5
CPU
i9-8950HK
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Greetings, I have a older HP with a i5 650m. NOTE: This is not the 8100 with a C2D, this is an i5 version. If I try to boot El Capitan on my install usb (Used createinstallmedia), I am left with still waiting for root device, and this is because I have no USB activity after hitting enter on the bootloader. This pc does not have a UEFI bios, therefore, I had to use clover on the mbr. I have tried USB fixes on the clover bootloader to no avail, and I have tried USBInjectAll.kext (Did not expect that to work either). The only indication I have of a USB after boot is a message stating: enabling legacy matching. I will be able to add any more information if requested, but I am really stumped as of now. I also have a DSDT dump from clover if anyone wants to look at that.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 326
Greetings, I have a older HP with a i5 650m. If I try to boot El Capitan on my install usb (Used createinstallmedia), I am left with still waiting for root device, and this is because I have no USB activity after hitting enter on the bootloader. This pc does not have a UEFI bios, therefore, I had to use clover on the mbr. I have tried USB fixes on the clover bootloader to no avail, and I have tried USBInjectAll.kext (Did not expect that to work either). The only indication I have of a USB after boot is a message stating: enabling legacy matching. I will be able to add any more information if requested, but I am really stumped as of now. I also have a DSDT dump from clover if anyone wants to look at that.

Waiting for root device is where OS X cannot read the pen drive. Use a USB 2 port not USB 3.

Common problems caused by AppleHPET which leads to no USB in the installer or kernel panics. You can try HPET patch Only download HPET patch. I have tested this HPET patch on the 8000 elite and works fine. Let me know if it works for you. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/GA-G41MT-S2PT-Rev-1.1-DSDT-Patch

Last edited:
Thank you, the patch did work. However, I did not apply it, as it would create another HPET device (differences in the locations of HPET in DSDT). I just added, and changed the existing HPET device to match the patch. I appreciate your help. I should have known this would have been an issue, I had difficulties with HP hackintoshes before (DC7700/7600)

Last edited:
Thank you, the patch did work. However, I did not apply it, as it would create another HPET device (differences in the locations of HPET in DSDT). I just added, and changed the existing HPET device to match the patch. I appreciate your help. I should have known this would have been an issue, I had difficulties with HP hackintoshes before (DC7700/7600)

So the HPET DSDT patch work for you?

Try to tick fixusb in config.plist under acpi DSDT fixes I read that works to fix 5 series USB ports

Try to tick fixusb in config.plist under acpi DSDT fixes I read that works to fix 5 series USB ports

Won't work its a HPET issue. Applying HPET patch I've done will fix USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back