Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have an HP Probook 6460b that had previously been running Yosemite that had been installed using Chameleon. I decided it was finally time to upgrade to a Clover install. I've followed the Probook instructions to try and install and I keep getting these vertical lines when it gets past the Apple logo(see picture attached). Now I've tried running it in Verbose mode and it doesn't tell me anything is amiss, so I'm kinda at a loss for what's going on here. I've read through the aforementioned instructions as well as the standard laptop guide and don't see anything about graphics setups or anything. This laptop has HD 3000 which should be supported. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going amiss here?

Attachments

• IMG_9737.JPG
    IMG_9737.JPG
    636.3 KB · Views: 114
I have an HP Probook 6460b that had previously been running Yosemite that had been installed using Chameleon. I decided it was finally time to upgrade to a Clover install. I've followed the Probook instructions to try and install and I keep getting these vertical lines when it gets past the Apple logo(see picture attached). Now I've tried running it in Verbose mode and it doesn't tell me anything is amiss, so I'm kinda at a loss for what's going on here. I've read through the aforementioned instructions as well as the standard laptop guide and don't see anything about graphics setups or anything. This laptop has HD 3000 which should be supported. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be going amiss here?

Are there any graphic flags or anything I can try with an HD 3000 setup? I'm at a loss for how to get around this.

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

My laptop is an HP Probook 6460b with a 2.5ghz i5-2520M Intel processor. It has 12gb of ram, Intel HD 3000 graphics with 1600x900 resolution. I bought a wifi card to swap out the one that came with it and it worked without a hitch previously. It also has no built-in webcam for whatever reason. I have updated it to the latest F63 Bios. I updated my build signature as best as I could since it didn't seem to have my processor or motherboard as options.

I've attached my Clover folder. I created a Legacy bootloader, for this though I believe in trying UEFI the first go around I got the same graphics mess up using UEFI.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 126
My laptop is an HP Probook 6460b with a 2.5ghz i5-2520M Intel processor. It has 12gb of ram, Intel HD 3000 graphics with 1600x900 resolution. I bought a wifi card to swap out the one that came with it and it worked without a hitch previously. It also has no built-in webcam for whatever reason. I have updated it to the latest F63 Bios. I updated my build signature as best as I could since it didn't seem to have my processor or motherboard as options.

I've attached my Clover folder. I created a Legacy bootloader, for this though I believe in trying UEFI the first go around I got the same graphics mess up using UEFI.

You did not follow the guide.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...book-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch-10-11.189416/

Just took a look and didn't specifically find anything glaring I missed. I downloaded the config for HD3000 1600x900 (which I thought I had, but appears I didn't have the same config there) and made the droptable change to the config. Tried booting again and got the same lines. Is there something specific I missed? As far as that guide I had progressed as far as the special notes section and no further since that all pertains to Post Installation. I'm using Clover Configurator to make my changes to the config file if that's relevant. I've attached my most recent Clover folder.

Just took a look and didn't specifically find anything glaring I missed. I downloaded the config for HD3000 1600x900 (which I thought I had, but appears I didn't have the same config there) and made the droptable change to the config. Tried booting again and got the same lines. Is there something specific I missed? As far as that guide I had progressed as far as the special notes section and no further since that all pertains to Post Installation. I'm using Clover Configurator to make my changes to the config file if that's relevant. I've attached my most recent Clover folder.

Nothing attached.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Do not use Clover Configurator (same advice in the guide... you should read it carefully).

Nothing attached.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Do not use Clover Configurator (same advice in the guide... you should read it carefully).

I was able to finally boot into the installer by changing from Inject Intel to Inject EDID. Now onto the post install tweaks. Thanks for the help!

Nothing attached.

I've had this same graphics issue pop up again after doing the rest of the installation of patches. Inject EDID isn't doing anything anymore to fix it, so now I'm again at a brick wall. I installed the SSDT-6x60.aml package, tried to reboot and I'm back to the vertical lines I posted initially. I have attached my clover folder(without themes) and refrained from using Clover Configurator. It definitely seems like it's something to do with the graphics, but I don't quite know what is going wrong since booting verbose tells me nothing.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 103
I've had this same graphics issue pop up again after doing the rest of the installation of patches. Inject EDID isn't doing anything anymore to fix it, so now I'm again at a brick wall. I installed the SSDT-6x60.aml package, tried to reboot and I'm back to the vertical lines I posted initially. I have attached my clover folder(without themes) and refrained from using Clover Configurator. It definitely seems like it's something to do with the graphics, but I don't quite know what is going wrong since booting verbose tells me nothing.

Your profile does not indicate your screen resolution (as per guide, your profile should contain your screen resolution).

SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml implies you have 1600x900 or 1920x1080p screen. Is it correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back