Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] How to get clover to automatically boot into macOS selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just successfully updated from 10.11 with clover to 10.12 with clover. My problem is that when ever the clover boot screen appears, the first selection is highlighted by default and is an option to boot to Mac OS X El Capitan. I have to constantly select over to the right one to highlight the macOS option. Is there a way for clover to default to the macOS option instead?

I would recommend using Clover Configurator. Mount your EFI partition, you can use this app I built. Then use Clover Configurator to open your config.plist. You can then go to the Boot menu item and on the right you will see a drop down box where you can specific a "Default Boot Volume". In there just type the name of the drive you want to boot by default.

I like to use "LastBootedVolume" as mine configuration. That way it will boot into the last drive that i have selected. So if i am working with Windows 10 for example and need to recycle, it will go back to Windows.

Attachments

• EasyEFIMounter.app.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 262
Thanks for the reply. My clover boot screen says "Boot macOS from Capitan SSD" where Capitan SSD is the name of my drive. So under default volume in my config.plist I put the entire entry "Boot macOS from Capitan SSD"?

hmm i think you would have to put "Capitan SSD".

First picture attached is what my config.plist says in clover config. It's always said that. That's the name of my SSD. but that wants to boot into "Boot OS X Install from Capitan SSD" see second picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 557

I tried switching it to LastBootedVolume and it still wants to boot into the "Boot OS X Install from Capitan SSD" even after I booted into the macOS selection the previous time. I guess clover sees them as the same volume. When I select "Boot OS X Install from Capitan SSD" it starts to boot but hangs on the Apple screen with the progress bar under it. Only the macOS selection allows me to boot properly.

That is weird. The fact that it says "install" almost makes me think you have a a Mac OS Install attached to your computer.

Do this, when you are in clover hit the space bar on the icons and take note of the UUID for each of those drives.

If they are indeed different from a UUID standpoint, we can then use Clover Configurator to simply hide the "Install" drive. That way it won't try to boot into that drive.

That is weird. The fact that it says "install" almost makes me think you have a a Mac OS Install attached to your computer.

Do this, when you are in clover hit the space bar on the icons and take note of the UUID for each of those drives.

If they are indeed different from a UUID standpoint, we can then use Clover Configurator to simply hide the "Install" drive. That way it won't try to boot into that drive.

Same UUID. see pictures attached. Does that mean that I have more than one instance of clover boot files on my drive? One associated with the OS X install and one associated with the macOS install?

Attachments

• IMG_0462.JPG
    IMG_0462.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0463.JPG
    IMG_0463.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 359
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back