Contribute
Register

[solved] How to disable internal microphone completely in Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Flex 2 15inch
CPU
i7-4510U
Graphics
HD 4400 + GT 840M, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I've used Mirone AppleHDA patcher 1.8 and now just wanna disable microphone via Clover/kext/cnofig.plist somehow. There should be a permanent way to disable it without losing sound of headphone/speaker.

Hi

I've used Mirone AppleHDA patcher 1.8 and now just wanna disable microphone via Clover/kext/cnofig.plist somehow. There should be a permanent way to disable it without losing sound of headphone/speaker.

You would need to modify the pathmap and layout XML files that the patcher uses to patch AppleHDA (to remove those items related to the mic).
For that, you'll need a codec dump from Linux and some knowledge of AppleHDA patching (and the HDA specification).

[Something went wrong. Please remove this post]

You would need to modify the pathmap and layout XML files that the patcher uses to patch AppleHDA (to remove those items related to the mic).
For that, you'll need a codec dump from Linux and some knowledge of AppleHDA patching (and the HDA specification).

My Rehab?! Tell me you don't expect me to manually patch AppleHDA from scratch!!

I know of a good alternative though, not patching it at all!

kidding.. :D

I'm not looking forward to disable the mic by one move(!) but man.. the people who know how to patch their AppleHDA manually imho could be counted on the fingers of one hand. I'm exaggerating but It's sooooo hard :banghead:

Have any alternative instead of mine?

Last edited:
My Rehab?! Tell me you don't expect me to manually patch AppleHDA from scratch!!

I know of a good alternative though, not patching it at all!

kidding.. :D

I'm not looking forward to disable the mic by one move(!) but man.. the people who know how to patch their AppleHDA manually imho could be counted on the fingers of one hand. I'm exaggerating but It's sooooo hard :banghead:

Have any alternative instead of mine?

I'm suggesting you check the pathmaps to see that they correspond correctly to your audio codec.
But yes, that would require you learn a bit about AppleHDA patching.

Or look for other layout-id values supported by AppleALC for your codec.
Or you could look at Mirone's patcher.

I'm suggesting you check the pathmaps to see that they correspond correctly to your audio codec.
But yes, that would require you learn a bit about AppleHDA patching.

Or look for other layout-id values supported by AppleALC for your codec.
Or you could look at Mirone's patcher.

Thanks
Starting with the easy one (third one: Mirone patcher):
I eliminated everything related to mic but surely you see better than me. What I forgot to eliminate?

Result : Mic still works!!

Attachments

• Manipulated-ALC233.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Solved!
Tried to manipulate Pathmap of Input nodes and it's done!
Thanks to RehabMan and Mirone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back