Graphics
MSI GTX460 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Using the MSRDumper.kext, I can see that my CPU is at a constant multiplier of 33, even when running benchmarks. I have my CPU overclocked to 4.4GHz using XMP.

For those of you that manage to get your overclock working, what are your BIOS settings, or how did you get it working? Thanks.

Re: How do you get Turbo working? P8P67 Pro+i5-2500K

I have a P8P76LE ant the only way I can get turbo to work is to turn off speedstep.

Re: How do you get Turbo working? P8P67 Pro+i5-2500K

singh99 said:
I have a P8P76LE ant the only way I can get turbo to work is to turn off speedstep.
Thank you! I turned Speedstep off, and now it is running at a constant 4.4GHz. Not great for power, but ah well.

My GeekBench score (64-bit) rose from 9100 to 12100 after this.

headbanger7hk.gif

But if you turn speedstep off you won't get the "turbo states", it will run on the highest multiplier 24/7 (+temp). For the Asus P67 mobos follow this guide to patch aicpupm and get it working.
Gigabyte P67 users should get speedstep without any special mod, but to get useful steps (for asus users too) you'll need to replace the iMac12,2 pstates info with the one from the MacBookPro8,3 (/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources). For all this to work you'll have to identify your hack as an iMac12,2, anything else will disable speedstep or may even KP.
Have fun!

I can upload the modified kext and smbios plist if you want.

Would be great if you uploaded them

Ok, here is the smbios and modified kext. Asus users should patch aicpupm too, I haven't included that as I don't need it in my pc. Remember to backup before replacing.

iMac12,2 speedstep.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back