Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] How do I get a full High Sierra download and not a 19mb one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 20th Anniv. Mac
  2. 512K
  3. Color Classic
  4. iBook
  5. iMac
  6. LC
  7. Power Mac
  8. Quadra
  9. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is something that has stopped me updating from El Capitan on both my Hackintoshes and can't seem to find a solution.

Have tried downloading on both Hackintoshes (Both Gigabyte Z77n Wifi (with replaced wifi + BT to Airport extreme compatible cards) , both 3750's with one on intel graphics, the other one using nvidia drivers for a 980ti), and also my 2012 MBA and my 2016 MBP, and always end up with just a 19+mb file that obviously updates online... which is useless for unibeast on both of these. Have tried just updating both of them from the 19mb file, but it always fails and I have to revert. Any ideas?

Edit: Even tried a "3rd party download" of High Sierra today, and replaced the 19mb version in my apps with that one, 10.13.2 and now it doesn't even show up in unibeast... (guess this is because it wasn't "purchased").

Going through my "purchases" on the App Store, I don't have Sierra, but I do have Lion GM Candidate, Lion, Mountain Lion GM Candidate, Mountain Lion, Yosemite, El Capitan and El Capitan GM Candidate, and High Sierra? Why do I not have Sierra?

Last edited:
Bumping this up. I am facing the same issue. I want to download the entire 5GB file but the app store is only downloading 19mb file.

Bumping this up. I am facing the same issue. I want to download the entire 5GB file but the app store is only downloading 19mb file.
It has been asked and answered several times - Use the forum Search tool for details.

It has been asked and answered several times - Use the forum Search tool for details.

My apologies. I just read multiple threads regarding this issue right now but no thread is providing a working solution as of now.

My apologies. I just read multiple threads regarding this issue right now but no thread is providing a working solution as of now.
Then there is something sadly lacking in your search skills : Example
Other solutions are available too.

Thank you for your help, P1LGRIM, would just like to clarify though, and maybe Einzbern had this issue also... When i tried the High Sierra Patcher just to download the full install, Unibeast wouldn't acknowledge the resulting file as valid (It didn't show up in my OS options, but Sierra and El Capitan did).

The solution I found was to install brew https://brew.sh/ and then via brew install https://github.com/mas-cli/mas

Then I could just get the installers direct from the App Store server in full, (You have to have previously "purchased"* them for this to work though).

After you have installed brew and mas, all you need to do is open terminal and enter:

To get the Sierra Full install:
mas install 1127487414

To get the High Sierra Full install:
mas install 1246284741

*I know they were technically free upgrades, but all mas does is invoke the downloader for the App store, so they need to be in your purchase history, with a valid apple account which if you are having a problem with only getting the 19mb file, you already have. Sierra is another story though. That has been removed from the app store purchases, so hope this helps if someone needs to redownload that also.

Last edited:
I already tried that but when i was at the apple install screen it said high sierra could not be installed on your computer because the files created by that method were corrupt in some way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back