Contribute
Register

[Solved] How do I download High Sierra on a computer that already has High Sierra as it's OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte > Need full model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7 > Need full model # > See Rules!
Graphics
Nvidia > Need model # > See Rules!
How do I download High Sierra on a computer that already has High Sierra as it's OS?

I can't download it off my hackintosh that still runs mountain lion, I tried a family members macintosh, but it already has High Sierra installed on it, so in the app store, it just give me the option to "open", and no "download" option.

What should I do?

Not sure where to download High Sierra from. Any advice greatly appreciated.

it just give me the option to "open", and no "download" option.

What should I do?
If you are given the option to "open" then it is possible that a copy of the installer is already present somewhere, try in the /Applications folder.
Failing that you can click "open" and the download may start.
If it actually attempts to open then you should cancel the installer and search for the app.

If you are given the option to "open" then it is possible that a copy of the installer is already present somewhere, try in the /Applications folder.
Failing that you can click "open" and the download may start.
If it actually attempts to open then you should cancel the installer and search for the app.

Thanks I do, however it's only 24.5mb. Is that OK?

I thought it needed to be a few GB.

Also, for installing on a Dell XPS 15, do I need 13.4.1, or is any version of 13.4.x OK, to create a hackintosh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back