Contribute
Register

[Solved] How can I change the screen resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P55A-UD3
CPU
Xeon X3460 @3,6 Ghz OC
Graphics
PNY GTX 960 2GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Guys, I'm new on the world of Hackintosh, and this is my first time doing it. I installed macOS Sierra on my PC with Legacy Boot since my Mobo is pretty old one with LGA1156. I think the Graphics Acceleration is off. The AMD Radeon is detected but as Radeon HD 7600 Series with only 5MB of VRAM. But more importantly my current resolution is 1240 x 1024 and I can't access Finder -> Go -> Go to Folder -> /Extra. It says the folder can't be found. I installed the radeon7000kext but it still doesn't work. I was looking through the internet, and there are no clue about screen resolution with macOS Sierra. I hope you guys can help me. Thanks for before

CPU : i3-540 3,07 GHz (1st Generation)
GPU : ASUS GT 440 1GB GDDR3
RAM : 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Mobo : Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 F11
OS Installed on HDD 120GB Seagate

Last edited:
just used Clover Configurator to set the config.plist resolution at 1440x900. But it still doesn't work.

EDIT : PatchVBIOS = True and LoadVBIOS = True + the right resolution in config.plist opened with Clover Configurator will bring the resolution :) Worked on my ASUS GT 440 1GB GDDR3 and my AMD Radeon HD 7670

EDIT PART 2 : Sierra doesn't support ASUS GT 440 1GB GDD3 for now (at 19th October 2016) ! The graphics Acceleration doesn't work at all. With Netit.kext you could get The Acceleration work, but there would be troublesome bugs on it, so the answer is Install the El Capitan for the best thing in the world. You don't need to install any drivers, just InjectNvidia=True, and everything works like magic ! This is my first Hackintosh, so don't give up guys, keep trying ! :headbang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back