Contribute
Register

[Solved] HoRNDIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJW

Hi all!

So this is my fist post here on the tonymacx forum. I successfully build my first hackintosh this weekend, thanks to the many hp 6300 build guides! However in the building process I managed to damage my ethernet port and it died... Now I use the mobile data of my iphone in order to connect to the internet.

I read I could solve this by using HoRNDIS coupled with an android device. So I used a samsung s7 with a damaged screen but I cannot get it to work.

Tried the following things:
- Test if tethering works on windows -> it does
- Install HoRNDIS and then reboot -> tried multiple versions but my phone won't show up
- Manually install the kext with kextBeast -> also does not seem to work..

Since I could not find any solutions on the forum I am asking you guys if any one knows a solution!

Cheers HJ

Since I could not find any solutions on the forum I am asking you guys if any one knows a solution!
It is not supported in Sierra :
HoRNDIS Documentation said:
Versions of Mac OS X 10.11 and newer have a rewritten USB stack that is substantially less compatible than that in 10.10 and below. Unfortunately, Apple have not published any documentation for the new-style USB interfaces exposed in 10.11, so HoRNDIS can only use the USB APIs available in 10.10 and below, which have been broken in newer versions of OS X. As such, newer versions of OS X may have difficulty connecting to certain devices.

Wauw a shame that I missed that, thanks for the quick reply! I will be off buying a usb to ethernet dongle then.. Compatible PCIE ethernet cards are hard to find here in the Netherlands.

It's compatible now.... or at least for me. ;) My phone (Nexus 5) works and I also moved the kext to the Other folder of the HDD and USB so it's available during boot and reinstalls of macOS.

Attachments

• About This Mac.png
    About This Mac.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Network.png
    Network.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 317
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back