Intel Core i5-3570k 3.40GHz
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770 2Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

After several days of trying to figure out the many problems I've had with installing High Sierra, I've now come to the last problem of my Hackintosh, and this is a problem I've been postponing.

My Hackintosh won't boot without the UniBeast usb-stick. I've tried to Mount EFI(from both USB and EFI-drive) and copy them into the disk I installed Mac OS on. I also tried to copy boot options, with clover, into all other entries.

I'm stuck, and I've tried all possible combinations. Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Motherboard: P8z77-v LX2
Graphic: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2gb
Processor: i5-3570k 3.49 GHz
Ram: 4x8, 32gb HyperX Blu

Thank you very much!

Hello,

After several days of trying to figure out the many problems I've had with installing High Sierra, I've now come to the last problem of my Hackintosh, and this is a problem I've been postponing.

My Hackintosh won't boot without the UniBeast usb-stick. I've tried to Mount EFI(from both USB and EFI-drive) and copy them into the disk I installed Mac OS on. I also tried to copy boot options, with clover, into all other entries.

I'm stuck, and I've tried all possible combinations. Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

Motherboard: P8z77-v LX2
Graphic: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2gb
Processor: i5-3570k 3.49 GHz
Ram: 4x8, 32gb HyperX Blu

Thank you very much!

My Hackintosh won't boot without the UniBeast usb-stick. I've tried to Mount EFI(from both USB and EFI-drive) and copy them into the disk I installed Mac OS on.
If you have correctly copied the EFI Folder from the EFI Partition of the USB installer you had originally used to create the High Sierra on the hard disk and then pasted that copied EFI Folder to REPLACE the EFI FOLDER (Blue) inside the EFI Partition that is mounted from the System Hard disk, you should not have any booting problem.

You can have problem with Graphics or Audio or Ethernet for lack of proper kexts which you can troubleshoot as post install.

Please verify the steps you have followed in copying and pasting the EFI Folder from USB to Replace the existing EFI folder inside HDD. Most of the time it is user related errors that cause the problem.

I also tried to copy boot options, with clover, into all other entries.
What are the entries you are referring to? You need to be very clear in posting information for readers to understand what you really mean.
If you are saying you just copied Boot Arguments from the config.plist from your USB disk (EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist_Boot _Arguments ) to replace EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist_Boot_Arguments of the HDD, it may not work as config.plist also depends on the contents of CLOVER/kexts/Other and CLOVER/drivers64.UEFI and if the System HDD's CLOVER/kexts/Other or CLOVER/drivers64UEFI are different from that of the USB Installer Boot can fail even with USB's "good" config.plist_Boot _Args:

If you have correctly copied the EFI Folder from the EFI Partition of the USB installer you had originally used to create the High Sierra on the hard disk and then pasted that copied EFI Folder to REPLACE the EFI FOLDER (Blue) inside the EFI Partition that is mounted from the System Hard disk, you should not have any booting problem.

You can have problem with Graphics or Audio or Ethernet for lack of proper kexts which you can troubleshoot as post install.

Please verify the steps you have followed in copying and pasting the EFI Folder from USB to Replace the existing EFI folder inside HDD. Most of the time it is user related errors that cause the problem.

I tried this, and it still doesn't work. Which possible problems can I have with graphics, audio or ethernet? All of those work smoothly. I had some problems with Audio, but I just had to install the AppleHDA???

Kind regards,

Hi all.

It seems I have the same problem.

I followed the install process by the letter....I am currently looking at a fully operational High Sierra install.

The problem.....I have everthing the way I want it but when I restart or power down, the system does not want to boot back into mac os on its own. It gets into a loop of the Clover config screen (it boots from main Hd )...then the apple symbol downloading screen.....then the boot option screen.

Ive been looking for a solution and Im presented with a few options.
Ive read I may have to install the efi partition manually to the system HD.
my question is .....is this necessary...why didnt clover install it correctly?....

Thanks in advance...any help is appreciated.

Hey Ankedo...good work solving your issue.

My Mobo is different but Im curious if your solution will work with my problem.
Thanks

Didnt work......arghhhh !!!!!!!

Anyone have a straight forward explanation on how to move efi info over to main drive on my hack?
Thanks

Alright. The problem is solved!

All I did was install the Clover Legacy boot loader, and enabled "UEFI & Legacy" in CSM, in BIOS.

Source:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-cant-boot-sierra-without-usb.210764/

Kind regards,
  • You might have installed Clover EFI in Legacy Mode , or better to say, you did not know you had initially installed Clover in Legacy mode until by trial and error the Legacy option worked!
    • This Z-77 board has UEFI BIOS and most would prefer to use the UEFI Mode to Boot.
  • 90% of problems presented to the Forum are User-related.
    • Most can be diagnosed if the presenter uploads enough screen shots instead of trying to explain what they had seen on their monitor screen and often this is very inadequate to convey the real clues to the problem.
    • Upload BIOS options chosen for the boot as screen shots or list them in the message and
    • CLOVER Folder from the Disk that fails to boot uploaded as a a zipped file.

Anyone have a straight forward explanation on how to move efi info over to main drive on my hack?
Thanks
  • Why are you tagging along a [Solved] Post (useful only to read and use any clues from there) instead of making your own new thread explaining your problem and providing support files from your System to get help.
  • The original Poster had an Intel 7 Series Motherboard and you have a 200 Series board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back