Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] High Sierra Vanilla Installation hangs on Blackscreen Logo; Backtrace error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X 5UD TH
CPU
Intel i7, 4770K 4.0Ghz
Graphics
Asus, R9 290X
SOLVED

Hello,

So I have decided to upgrade my Sierra 10.12 OS to High Sierra, although, with not much success. When hackintosh reboots as I try to upgrade the boot hangs on the black screen. So I thought a fresh installation may fix the damn thing. Couldn't be more wrong ;(

I ended up getting the same blackscreen error even when I try to do a fresh installation. Next I wanted to try and see if booting the USB in Safe mode, Verbose, wihout cashes and without injected kext would help; but the results are always the same, Backtrace error. *See the attachment.

I understand it may have something to do with the folder or kext structure in the USB and I believe there must be a similar solved post but I just couldn't find it. So if anybody knows the solution or direct me to the right post I'll be ever so grateful.

The config. file is also attached.
Thanks!

backtrace.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Please fix your profile, your motherboard is not manufactured by El Capitan.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Use the forum Search tool and look for Mach Reboot.

Thank you pilgrim, thats very nice of you, but, I couldn't really find any post that offers a solution as of this moment. Now I also provided my config file so maybe it would give more clues to anybody who may be willing to help :wave:

Thank you pilgrim, thats very nice of you, but, I couldn't really find any post that offers a solution as of this moment. Now I also provided my config file so maybe it would give more clues to anybody who may be willing to help :wave:
Try this edited version of your config.plist and report progress :

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 299
Try this edited version of your config.plist and report progress :

Ah, unfortunately nothing has changed. The same error. I've tried with both the factory defaulted BIOS and with the modified BIOS; the same outcome. You can take a look at the screenshots down below for the changes I made in the BIOS if need to.

IMG_0396.JPG IMG_0397.JPG IMG_0398.jpg IMG_0399.jpg IMG_0400.jpg IMG_0401.JPG IMG_0402.jpg IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0404.jpg IMG_0405.JPG

Ah, unfortunately nothing has changed. The same error. I've tried with both the factory defaulted BIOS and with the modified BIOS; the same outcome. You can take a look at the screenshots down below for the changes I made in the BIOS if need to.

Images deleted...

The thread says SOLVED, but I don't see any solutions. Is it solved and if so how?

SOLVED

Hello,

So I have decided to upgrade my Sierra 10.12 OS to High Sierra, although, with not much success. When hackintosh reboots as I try to upgrade the boot hangs on the black screen. So I thought a fresh installation may fix the damn thing. Couldn't be more wrong ;(

View attachment 301748

Hi there Ozgur,

I'm also running into the same issue with the GA-Z87X-UD5-TH and High Sierra. How did you solve the problem?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back