CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I thought I had this resolved and I do not. I created install USB using Unibeast 8.1 and latest High Sierra download. during installation with its several reboots I boot from USB then tell it to use the SSD. At the last one where I have it do time machine vs brand new install after the time machine restore I can not get it to boot into the High Sierra install on my SSD. Even when using the USB. I am seeing the latest cover from each. I am using F12 and bios to tell it which device to boot from. Any thoughts? I do have a Macbook Pro I can mount my SSD from if needed.

Jules

Any thoughts?
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
Will do I am in Ohio for the week. Won't get to it until Sat

My boot stops at Attempting System Restart MACH Reboot. Here are my Clover files. I had it once and then no beuno... Fortunately I have a macbook and can mount my Hack boot drive to see what is going on.

Jules

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 82
OK, this is really weird. I used Multibeast 10.1.1 to finish my install with the "High Sierra" drive plugged into my Macbook via a USB adaptor. When I first build the profile it will boot. In process it adds a folder to the EFI folder called Apple that contains a folder called Extensions with a firmware file in it. After that I can not reboot. I get the hang at the apple logo and in verbose node the "Attempting System Restart... MACH Reboot..."

Any thoughts??

OK, this is really weird. I used Multibeast 10.1.1 to finish my install with the "High Sierra" drive plugged into my Macbook via a USB adaptor. When I first build the profile it will boot. In process it adds a folder to the EFI folder called Apple that contains a folder called Extensions with a firmware file in it. After that I can not reboot. I get the hang at the apple logo and in verbose node the "Attempting System Restart... MACH Reboot..."

Any thoughts??

That folder Apple in /Volumes/EFI/EFI is put there by the installer not multibeast it is used on a real mac and not on a hack. I've never used multibeast and I too have it. Now a screen shot (clear readable picture) of your verbose boot would be helpful if you wish to get help.

I have attached my verbose screen shots. Thank you in advance.

Jules

Attachments

• IMG_5614.JPG
    IMG_5614.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_4476.JPG
    IMG_4476.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 217
  • IMG_7870.JPG
    IMG_7870.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
I have attached my verbose screen shots. Thank you in advance.

Jules

My advice would be assuming this is the system in your profile, to remove the AMD graphics card for now, double check all UEFI/BIOS settings. For future installs do not do the restore from time machine back up, just install over your existing install and it will maintain all your user files. But as always have a full bootable back up. I prefer using Super Duper but some prefer Carbon Copy Cloner to make a full backup of your drive. Personally I don't make the USB installers with Unibeast. I prefer to make it with the createinstallmedia terminal commands. See here
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

Replacing "MyVolume" with the name of your USB drive. This also assumes you have the installation app in the applications folder. The I run the clover boot loader installer package found here https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/ . I then add my system specific kext along with FakeSMC.kext to the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/ folder. Then I open my config.plist with Clover Configurator and configure it for my system, with proper SMBIOS, etc.

I will double check all my BIOS settings. Interestingly I have had this machine for about three years through Yosemite and Sierra. I ran into issues when updating to High Sierra. which is what led to me starting at ground zero and formating my boot drive and starting over.

Thanks,
Jules

OK -- Solved -- but I don't know why. When I left off, I had 10.13.1 and after using multibeast 10.1.1 the system would boot once and then hang at the next reboot at MACH reboot (or apple logo if not in verbose) I updated to 10.13.2, used multibeast one last time (while editing my config.plist to keep same serial number) and after updating to 10.13.2 I could reboot at will with no issues. Strange but I am happy. Looking forward to my next build post launch of iMac Pro...

Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back