Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra stops at Apple Logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK -- Solved -- but I don't know why. When I left off, I had 10.13.1 and after using multibeast 10.1.1 the system would boot once and then hang at the next reboot at MACH reboot (or apple logo if not in verbose) I updated to 10.13.2, used multibeast one last time (while editing my config.plist to keep same serial number) and after updating to 10.13.2 I could reboot at will with no issues. Strange but I am happy. Looking forward to my next build post launch of iMac Pro...

Jules

Hey Jules,

I've run into the same issue with the GA-Z87X-UD5-TH and High Sierra. I've been running this machine for the last 4 years on Mav and El C without an issue, but updating to High Sierra has been a massive pain. Any chance you could share your config.plist and any other tips for getting HS working on this board?

Cheers,

Dan

Hey Jules,

I've run into the same issue with the GA-Z87X-UD5-TH and High Sierra. I've been running this machine for the last 4 years on Mav and El C without an issue, but updating to High Sierra has been a massive pain. Any chance you could share your config.plist and any other tips for getting HS working on this board?

Cheers,

Dan
Absolutely. I have zipped the entire EDI folder. You will have to Edit the serial number as I swapped it with "Place your Serial Number Here" in the config.plist. I suspect that if you use the 10.2 Multibeast it will work. Good Luck,

Jules

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.1 MB · Views: 91
Absolutely. I have zipped the entire EDI folder. You will have to Edit the serial number as I swapped it with "Place your Serial Number Here" in the config.plist. I suspect that if you use the 10.2 Multibeast it will work. Good Luck,

Jules
Awesome sauce, Jules. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jules

Hey Jules,

Thanks a bunch for your help. After using your EFI folder, my machine is booting into HS and after a bit of kext installing and clover patching, my Nvidia, wifi, BT and all USB ports are working. Now I just need to solve the system restart issue when I set it to shutdown. Are you getting this issue?

Hey Jules,

Thanks a bunch for your help. After using your EFI folder, my machine is booting into HS and after a bit of kext installing and clover patching, my Nvidia, wifi, BT and all USB ports are working. Now I just need to solve the system restart issue when I set it to shutdown. Are you getting this issue?
No I have not had that issue... Sorry

Jules

Jules,
Thank you so much for sharing this file!
I have the same mobo as you and the guy above. I stumbled upon this thread while having the same issue hanging up at the apple logo while trying to update from Sierra to High Sierra. I had the same message showing in verbose mode. I could not figure out how to fix the issue. Replacing my entire EFI folder with yours solved all my problems. I even forgot to replace the serial number and it still worked. I went back after rebooting and fixed it however. Wish I knew what my problem was to begin with, but at least it works now.
Thanks!!

Hey Jules,

Im having problems getting my wi-fi to work. It says "no hardware installed". What kext did you use for wi-fi?

Im having problems getting my wi-fi to work. It says "no hardware installed". What kext did you use for wi-fi?
Sorry, I am not using WiFi. I am connected via LAN and the MB's 1G ethernet connection.
Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back