Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra NVidia GFX Driver install always results in blank screen after reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Vega64
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm having issues after installing the nvidia drivers under High Sierra. The install always results in the same blank screen after reboot. I have updated clover, finished the whole 10.13.4 security update and updated lilu.kext, AppleALC and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.

csrActiveConfig is set to 67 to allow custom kexts and Lilu.kext ALWAYS fails to load even when I force the loading of Lilu in Clover config.

Is there something I am missing? any help is appreciated.

-Thanks

You could try pasting this into terminal
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.107
The installer tries to smooth out consequences of different configurations, past, current etc.

Other releases the commands are here.

Where is Lilu.kext installed to? You shouldn't need to force it to load. The above command will also rebuild the kernel cache so if you copied Lilu to a system folder and didn't update caches check if its loading after the reboot.

You could try pasting this into terminal
Code:
bash <(curl -s https://vulgo.github.io/webdriver) 387.10.10.10.30.107
The installer tries to smooth out consequences of different configurations, past, current etc.

Other releases the commands are here.

Where is Lilu.kext installed to? You shouldn't need to force it to load. The above command will also rebuild the kernel cache so if you copied Lilu to a system folder and didn't update caches check if its loading after the reboot.

Thanks for the reply, I have installed Lilu.kext to my EFI partition at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other as per the developers instructions.

Thanks for the reply, I have installed Lilu.kext to my EFI partition at /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other as per the developers instructions.
If you install it there your config.plist needs InjectKexts=true

If InjectKexts is set to false, or "Detect" and FakeSMC is installed to /L/E, kexts will not be injected for that boot.

If you install it there your config.plist needs InjectKexts=true

If InjectKexts is set to false, or "Detect" and FakeSMC is installed to /L/E, kexts will not be injected for that boot.

Is InjectKexts=True a boot-flag? under System Parameters, Inject Kexts is set to Detect and FakeSMC is definitely installed to /L/E

I just tried the command with the driver and I am getting the same blank screen. This is frustrating I can tell a lot of people have an issue resulting in a blank screen but it seems there not any common solutions :(

Edit: I feel stupid, I had Inject Nvidia checked in my Clover config.

Thank you Vulgo and everyone else who contributes.

-Peace out

Last edited:
Inject Kexts is set to Detect and FakeSMC is definitely installed to /L/E
Yes this is where I was referring to, no boot flag. Clover won't inject kexts with this configuration. Glad you got the graphics working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back