Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i7 4790k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 970
Hi everyone,

I decided to upgrade to a fresh High Sierra install on my existing Sierra Hackintosh with a wiped SSD. Booting from a Unibeast-created High Sierra installer in verbose mode, there are a couple of error messages throughout the process that may or may not be significant, but it ultimately seems to be infinite-looping on something to do with audio. I've attached two images. The installer gets to the point that you see in the 2nd image, then deletes the last bit of text all at once, resulting in what you see in the 1st image. Every 10ish seconds after that, a bunch of text after that point flashes on for what is probably a single frame, before immediately returning to the state seen in the 1st image.

If there is any more information I can provide I'd be glad to, and thank you so much in advance for any help you're able to provide. I've been working on this for days, and I'm totally desperate at this point.

Zach

Attachments

• IMG_0458.PNG
    IMG_0458.PNG
    309.3 KB · Views: 1,359
  • IMG_0457.PNG
    IMG_0457.PNG
    548 KB · Views: 1,404
Hi everyone,

I decided to upgrade to a fresh High Sierra install on my existing Sierra Hackintosh with a wiped SSD. Booting from a Unibeast-created High Sierra installer in verbose mode, there are a couple of error messages throughout the process that may or may not be significant, but it ultimately seems to be infinite-looping on something to do with audio. I've attached two images. The installer gets to the point that you see in the 2nd image, then deletes the last bit of text all at once, resulting in what you see in the 1st image. Every 10ish seconds after that, a bunch of text after that point flashes on for what is probably a single frame, before immediately returning to the state seen in the 1st image.

If there is any more information I can provide I'd be glad to, and thank you so much in advance for any help you're able to provide. I've been working on this for days, and I'm totally desperate at this point.

Zach

• The uploaded image(s) of verbose boot screen when trying to install High Sierra using Unibeast created USB installer while still on your existing Nvidia GTX 970 PCIE graphics (presumably with no BIOS changes) shows problem related to your Graphics card and NOT Audio.
  • If you have a good USB installer ( I am assuming that was a flawlessly created USB installer in UEFI mode) I suggest editing its CLOVER in the System it was created or a Mac or hack .
  • Make sure the Finder>Preferences show [√] Hard Disks [√] External disks to show connected disk icons on the Right Side of Desktop screen
  • To edit CLOVER you need to download and install Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV) DOWNLOAD
  • From its Left Panel of CCV click "Mount EFI"
  • From the divided screen locate your USB installer as EFI on EFI the name of your USB installer ..."
  • Then locate to its right "Mount Partition" and click it.
  • Efi partition of your USB installer will be placed as a white EFI icon on the Desktop.
  • Click EFI>EFI> CLOVER >kexts/Other
  • Copy and paste the latest FakeSMC.kext, your Ethernet kext and Latest Intel GraphicsFixup.kext , Latest Lilu .kext (fromRehabMan bucket) .
  • Remove the empty Numbered folders 10.6 to 10.13
  • Make sure your CLOVER/drivers64UEFI has the APFS.efi for the version of High Sierra you are installing from Tonymac.
  • Edit config.plist in the following menus
    • ACPI: Fixes :[√]FixShutdown [√]FixHeaders Drop Tables: MATS
    • SSDT section [√]EnableC6
    • [√] Halt Enabler
    • Boot: [√]Verbose (-v) dart=0 debug=0x100 [√]disablegfxfirmware
    • Devices:Fake ID of IntelGFX =0x04128086 USB [√]Inject [√]Add ClockID [√]FixOwnership SSDT
    • Graphics: [√]Inject Intel ig-platform-id [0x0D220003]
    • Rt Variables :CsrActiveConfig=0x67
    • SMBIOS iMac14,2
    • System Parameters: [√] Inject SystemID Inject Kexts [Detect]
    • Save edited config.plist
  • From the current Verbose boot error screen force reboot and Enter BIOS and change BIOS to choose Initial Display as IGFX and the DVMT-Preallocated Memory as 128 and make sure the boot option Priorities list will have only your UEFI USB installer as the First boot device and everything else in that list DISABLED.
  • Make sure the USB Controller options are appropriate as per the Unibeast GUIDE.
  • On reboot the monitor will show "No Display"
  • Shut Down PC>Remove Power Cable
  • Disconnect Video cable from PCIE graphics and connect to Intel HD Graphics port
  • Open the case and carefully remove the PCIE Graphics card without moving other devices off their secure connections
  • Re-cable(PWR) and Reboot the USB installer in verbose mode and take photos of any problem screen to upload.

Last edited:
Thank you for the response! Just to clarify, I do have my initial display set to the iGPU; I have one monitor hooked up to my GPU and one to the motherboard which is how I was able to take those pictures. I will try everything else you suggest and return here.

Oh my gosh I did everything you suggested and got to the installer, thank you so much! I'll wait to make sure it successfully installs before I mark as resolved, but once again, thank you.

Okay, I was able to successfully install High Sierra and update to 10.13.3, no longer need the USB to boot. Now I just have to get my 970 working, but I’ll open a new thread if I can’t figure that out. Thanks again for your help, @cmn699!

Okay, I was able to successfully install High Sierra and update to 10.13.3, no longer need the USB to boot. Now I just have to get my 970 working, but I’ll open a new thread if I can’t figure that out. Thanks again for your help, @cmn699!
:clap:

• After several reboots, if your system remains stable, you can install Nvidia webdriver .
  • Edit CLOVER/kexts/Other with nvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext (latest) in addition to the already installed Lilu.kext, and
  • Edit config.plist > Graphics> unchecking [√]InjectIntel , NO [√]InjectNvidia
  • But in "System Parameters " [√]NvidiaWeb and "Inject Kexts" = [Yes]
  • Make sure config.plist Boot >Args has NO Nvidia related options [√]
  • Save and Reboot
  • Enter BIOS >Change from IGFX to PCIE (PEG)
  • Make sure Boot Option Priorities #1 boot device is your UEFI System HDD and all other devices are DISABLED
  • F-10 >Save and Reboot
  • Monitor Shows "No Display"
  • Shut Down
  • Power Cable Off
  • As before remove the Video cable , now from IGFX
  • Open and carefully install Nvidia Card and attach its PCIE Power connector(s) as per documentation
  • Connect Video Cable to PCIE Video's Port
  • PWR cable back to its socket on PSU.
  • Reboot
  • Make sure one more time that your BIOS Options remain as chosen
  • Boot to CBM screen
  • Chose Verbose Mode if not already Ibn config.plist.
  • Upload boot image for any problem or go and login to Desktop.
Edited to add:
If you get any problem with Nvidia using the above, consider the need to initially making SIP Enabled during NvidiaWebDriver install and also about installing Emuvariable.Efi in /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.

Last edited:
hello! Cmn699.
I hope you will help me , i've got same problem
i've got 3 hackintosh computers wich build:
MSI b250m and intel i5-7400, with nVidia GT730 and one comp with 1050ti and same cpu and motehrboard
Someway, somehow, comp with 1050ti won't update(other comp update manualy, but driver nVidia very slowly)
I did what you prefer in post #2. and got a log.

But! i already have installed system H sierra 10.13.2. And it can't update with usb flash disk to 10.13.3

Attachments

• Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
hello! Cmn699.
I hope you will help me , i've got same problem
i've got 3 hackintosh computers wich build:
MSI b250m and intel i5-7400, with nVidia GT730 and one comp with 1050ti and same cpu and motehrboard
Someway, somehow, comp with 1050ti won't update(other comp update manualy, but driver nVidia very slowly)
I did what you prefer in post #2. and got a log.

But! i already have installed system H sierra 10.13.2. And it can't update with usb flash disk to 10.13.3
  • Can you start a new thread of your own describing the issues and providing details including BIOS choices used for the problem machine and CLOVER uploaded from the disk that has the issue as a Compressed file to the Forum?
  • I will be happy to help, but tagging along an inactive thread with a different hardware is very confusing and distracting for me in Forum troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back