Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra installation glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The keyboard isn't working :(
I'm using a PS2 keyboard
EDIT: I managed to get it working using the voodoo ps2 keyboard kext file :)
strange as that is for laptops

I Have NO EIF Folder at all. How can I get one?????????????

If you have already ENABLED your USB controllers in the BIOS, then there could be a problem in your CLOVER.

Please upload CLOVER as compressed file from your USB installer.
Since CLOVER is in EFI Partition of the disk and EFI is hidden , to unhide and mount the EFI, use the following steps using Clover Configurator Global(CCG):

• Attach your macOS USB Installer to the Mac/Hack it was created
  • Click "Finder" on Dock and from Top menubar click "Finder>Preferences" and click and place [√] Hard disks [√] External Disks so that your Hard disks and USB disks attached to your System will be displayed with their icons on the Right side of Desktop for easy navigation. Usually the Hard Disk icon will be Black or Dark and USB icon White. USB External Hard Disk icon is Orange(see image)
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator from Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
  • From its Left Panel "TOOLS" bar click on "Mount EFI" and then "Mount Partition" on the desktop ( see composite image of accessing CLOVER)
  • Navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right Click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER > Upload to the Forum

As I was unplugging and replugging SATA ports inside my tower, and left with only 1 hard-drive Samsung 860 SSD, I noticed something strange, that the USB doesn't load anymore, so I don't even get into this screen which I posted as a screenshot.
What happens now is, when I reboot my machine and try to start from USB (pressing F12 and manually selecting USB option, I get this standard message that the OS is not found. So, the computer doesn't even see the USB anymore. Just to test that the USB is working, I quickly created a dummy-test VMware on my working computer, and selected this USB as a boot drive, and Clover showed up immediately. So, USB is at least bootable.
What could be inside the motherboard that it doesn't see USB as a bootable option anymore? I know this is a completely different option.

Attaching EFI.zip and screenshot of Clover Configurator per your recommendations.
Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 5.21.26 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back