Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra installation glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the USB related section of my BIOS.
IMG_20180121_171708.jpg

As said in the first post if I turn off the Legacy USB Support I can't see the USB stick
Is there an option to switch from [Auto] to [Enabled] in USB Speed Optimization that you could try?

Is there an option to switch from [Auto] to [Enabled] in USB Speed Optimization that you could try?
I switched the USB Speed Optimization from [Auto] to [Enabled] but I received the same error as before...

I switched the USB Speed Optimization from [Auto] to [Enabled] but I received the same error as before...
You said you have already tried different USB ports especially at the back of the computer case.
If not try a different port. The issue is failure of USB flash disk to transfer files in the middle of installation .
Usual causes are:
  • BIOS USB Options > Enabling
  • CLOVER >config.plist_Devices>FixOwnership
  • Ports:>USB port switching at the back
  • Disk >Try a new FD (most unlikely cause)
    • We have fixed CLOVER and BIOS
  • You have only the other two to consider.
  • Finally you can think of a CMOS corruption and try "Clear CMOS" using the Clear CMOS pins or Removal and replacement of CMOS Coin battery and then reapplying all BIOS options needed for the macOS boot from Optimized BIOS options.
  • USB Installer Disk as the First boot device and reboot

You said you have already tried different USB ports especially at the back of the computer case.
If not try a different port. The issue is failure of USB flash disk to transfer files in the middle of installation .
Usual causes are:
  • BIOS USB Options > Enabling
  • CLOVER >config.plist_Devices>FixOwnership
  • Ports:>USB port switching at the back
  • Disk >Try a new FD (most unlikely cause)
    • We have fixed CLOVER and BIOS
  • You have only the other two to consider.
  • Finally you can think of a CMOS corruption and try "Clear CMOS" using the Clear CMOS pins or Removal and replacement of CMOS Coin battery and then reapplying all BIOS options needed for the macOS boot from Optimized BIOS options.
  • USB Installer Disk as the First boot device and reboot
I cleared the CMOS and set the USB installer as first boot device but nothing has changer :(

did you reach the installer?
The keyboard isn't working :(
I'm using a PS2 keyboard
EDIT: I managed to get it working using the voodoo ps2 keyboard kext file :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back