Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
CPU
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.0GHz
Graphics
MSI gtx 960 Armor 2X
Hi all,
When booting macOS High Sierra from clover, to install it, I get this screen with some white text in it.

7D91F900-3B9D-450D-B43A-7E6FB87822F7.jpeg

But after few seconds this happens

EFD47DB8-BC72-4B82-BA95-100D0AA8962A.jpeg

Please note that I can't turn off the support for legacy USB forom BIOS because if I do this, I won't be able to see my USB key from the Boot Menu.
How can I fix this issue?

I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANR-W5Uc30g

My Config is

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
i5 6600k @ 4.0 GHz
8GB DDR4 2133 MHz
MSI GTX 960 (4GB) Armor 2x OC

Thanks in advance!

Hi all,
When booting macOS High Sierra from clover, to install it, I get this screen with some white text in it.

7D91F900-3B9D-450D-B43A-7E6FB87822F7.jpeg

But after few seconds this happens

Please note that I can't turn off the support for legacy USB forom BIOS because if I do this, I won't be able to see my USB key from the Boot Menu.
How can I fix this issue?

I followed this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANR-W5Uc30g

My Config is

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
i5 6600k @ 4.0 GHz
8GB DDR4 2133 MHz
MSI GTX 960 (4GB) Armor 2x OC

Thanks in advance!
usb issue..

make sure to use a usb 2 stick and usb2 ports. try all your ports if necessary

usb issue..

make sure to use a usb 2 stick and usb2 ports. try all your ports if necessary
Thank you for the quick response!
I'm currently using a usb 2.0 stick and I tried all the 4 usb 2 ports aviables (2 on the front of the case and the other two on the motherboard).
Do you think that recreating the bootable usb can fix this issue?

Thank you for the quick response!
I'm currently using a usb 2.0 stick and I tried all the 4 usb 2 ports aviables (2 on the front of the case and the other two on the motherboard).
Do you think that recreating the bootable usb can fix this issue?
If you have already ENABLED your USB controllers in the BIOS, then there could be a problem in your CLOVER.

• Please upload CLOVER as compressed file from your USB installer.
  • Since CLOVER is in EFI Partition of the disk and EFI is hidden , to unhide and mount the EFI, use the following steps using Clover Configurator Global(CCG):

• Attach your macOS USB Installer to the Mac/Hack it was created
  • Click "Finder" on Dock and from Top menubar click "Finder>Preferences" and click and place [√] Hard disks [√] External Disks so that your Hard disks and USB disks attached to your System will be displayed with their icons on the Right side of Desktop for easy navigation. Usually the Hard Disk icon will be Black or Dark and USB icon White. USB External Hard Disk icon is Orange(see image)
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator from Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
  • From its Left Panel "TOOLS" bar click on "Mount EFI" and then "Mount Partition" on the desktop ( see composite image of accessing CLOVER)
  • Navigate EFI>EFI>CLOVER and Right Click CLOVER>Compress CLOVER > Upload to the Forum

Attachments

• 1.Finder Preferences.png
    1.Finder Preferences.png
    49 KB · Views: 836
  • 2.EFI mounting .png
    2.EFI mounting .png
    351.3 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:
If you have already ENABLED your USB controllers in the BIOS, then there could be a problem in your CLOVER.

Please upload CLOVER as compressed file from your USB installer.
Since CLOVER is in EFI Partition of the disk and EFI is hidden , to unhide and mount the EFI, use the following steps using Clover Configurator Vibrant(CCV):

• Attach your USB to the Mac/Hack it was created
  • Click "Finder" on Dock and from Top menubar click "Finder>Preferences" and click and place [√] Hard disks [√] External Disks so that your Hard disks and USB disks attached to your System will be dispelled with their icons on the Right side of Desktop for easy navigation. (see image)
  • Download and launch Clover Configurator Vibrant DOWNLOAD
  • From its Left "TOOLS" bar click on "Mount EFI" and then "Mount Partition" on the desktop ( see composite image of accessing CLOVER)
Hi cmn699,
here is the CLOVER folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 300
Hi cmn699,
here is the CLOVER folder
  • I have noted many errors in Your CLOVER that can adversely affect booting
  • I am editing and uploading the image of one config.plist section : "config.plist>Devices" as viewed in CCV for the observed USB port problem in the previous Verbose Boot screen you had uploaded.
  • I hope that will fix the current issue.
  • But because there are other mistakes in your CLOVER , other errors might appear.
  • Therefore continue verbose boot and upload images to edit CLOVER on an as needed basis.

Attachments

• 1.config.plst_Devices.png
    1.config.plst_Devices.png
    121.2 KB · Views: 584
  • I have noted many errors in Your CLOVER that can adversely affect booting
  • I am editing and uploading the image of one config.plist section : "config.plist>Devices" as viewed in CCV for the observed USB port problem in the previous Verbose Boot screen you had uploaded.
  • I hope that will fix the current issue.
  • But because there are other mistakes in your CLOVER , other errors might appear.
  • Therefore continue verbose boot and upload images to edit CLOVER on an as needed basis.
Here we go again with the same screen...
E7665330-E544-427A-BB71-26796EF2F9BA.jpeg

you could try popping in USBinjectAll.kext into clover/kexts/10.13 folder

really you should only have a folder called "other" in kexts folder and your kexts belong in there

• Can you check your BIOS once again and see what USB controllers are ENABLED.
  • Have you left any USB related options "Disabled" in the BIOS?

• Can you check your BIOS once again and see what USB controllers are ENABLED.
  • Have you left any USB related options "Disabled" in the BIOS?
Here is the USB related section of my BIOS.
IMG_20180121_171708.jpg

As said in the first post if I turn off the Legacy USB Support I can't see the USB stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back