Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m new to Mac world and I build my Custom Mac as in profile.
I´m waiting for one Alpine Ridge Card, and one Focusrite 4 Pre TB

Could anyone please help me found one cable to connect Focusite 4 Pre to Alpine Ridge interface.

Focusrite not include any cable and I not have any type of thunderbolt cable.

I think I have to buy one cable with thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 (usb-c), but I not found anywhere?

I just got my Alpine Ridge card today. Using a Gigabyte Z370 gaming 5 and also an i7 8700k. I have a Focusrite 8prex that I'm trying to get working on my OSX partition, but the thunderbolt AIC doesn't appear to be detected. I flashed bios to F4, current, no luck yet. Everything is working in windows10.

Our setups are nearly identical, so I hope we can figure this out!

Hello! I've just installed my TB AIC and couldn't make it work with my Clarett 8prex.
Not sure if the card is detecting any thunderbolt device because I only have the Clarett as TB device, but I have been able to chain the HDMI display (Monitor HDMI > AIC HDMI in // AIC DP1 > GeForce 1050TI DP) and also the TB config info appears to be updated

I am connecting the Clarett via StarTech TB2 cable > StarTech TB3 to TB adapter > GC Alpine Ridge (rev2.0)
The TB light on the clarett never turns on

tb info.jpg

I only need this to work on W10
I have a Z370 Gaming Wifi and i5 8600K processor, and we have the same interface and AIC!

Please, I'd really appreciate if you can tell me your step-by-step installation and BIOS, etc config, as well as the Focusrite Control version you installed that worked properly (mine is focusrite-control-2.1.9)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello, have you found a solution? I have the same problem as you.

Z370 Gaming 5/BIOS F6
GC Alpine Ridge V. 2

It works fine on Windows 10 but I have the same symbol when starting OSX. I tried everything.
Help please

Nope, no solution... I tried most things I can think of, but a lot of this Hackintoshery is rocket science to me...

Hello

I have my GC Alpine Ridge REV2.0 - Working

I just install yesterday, No firmware updates. In my first try I get the Dead Cross.

My first try is running Ios without TBC cable connected. And It runs, but thunderbolt not work.
After I connect TBC Cable again. I Start Win 10 and install the thunderbolt drivers. Card works on Win 10.

I reboot system and I follow this tutorial.

You have to Disable CPU Vt-d on Bios and configure Thunderbolt

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...thunderbolt-3-aic-rev-2-0-high-sierra.246228/

I got mine working!
Or at least I can now boot into macOS with the card installed and I can mount a FireWire drive connected to it. Don't have any Thunderbolt devices to try with yet.

What made the difference for me was switching Internal Graphics from "ENABLED" to "AUTO".

So I got my thunderbolt to Work! Ive been able to restart and shut down/power on and my interface connects over thunderbolt every time! In BIOS, I
Enabled thunderbolt,
Enabled Thunderbolt Boot Support,
Enabled Enabled GPIO3 Force Pwr
Enabled Skip PCI OptionRom
Security level set to No Security
Reserved Memory 737
Reserved PMemory 1184

all other bios settings are UEFI and what They said to do in the installation.
what They said to do in the installation.

Please help with some informtion - such as who are "They" (as you quoted above) and where can I find the same information regarding the BIOS and UEFI?

Thanks,

Hi everyone, i try for my part to install thunderboltEX 2 dual card, on my asus X99A II, with sierra 10.12.6, and i don't succed. I instaled it in windows10, update firmwar, and nothing on osx.
I want to use it to use promise pegasus2r6 raid, and in windows10 it is recognized.
Someone should have an idea? And i don't succed to start with windows10 and after restart on osx, when i want to restart to osx it freeze on asus logo.
Maybe it comes from bios but i think i did like infos on forum...
A thing to know, i just install windows 10 but not all of drivers of my materials in windows... Does windows10 must be installed perfectly and fully before installing thunderboltEX 2 dual card driver and firmwar?

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

YES! i succeded ! so my pegasus is recognized, but the thunderbolt card does no appear in system report. I just used the bios setup in this thread : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dentz-aorus-gtx-1080-ti-xtreme.211621/page-36

About the setup, what "legacy" does really mean? before i had "unique ID" in security level.

But i don't think it is optimal because with speed disk test i have speed about 500Mb/s but when i plug it to my mac mini thunderbolt port , i have about 700 MB/s. Do you have an idea?
And the promiss utility doesn't work.

Thanks.

So I got my thunderbolt to Work! Ive been able to restart and shut down/power on and my interface connects over thunderbolt every time! In BIOS, I
Enabled thunderbolt,
Enabled Thunderbolt Boot Support,
Enabled Enabled GPIO3 Force Pwr
Enabled Skip PCI OptionRom
Security level set to No Security
Reserved Memory 737
Reserved PMemory 1184

all other bios settings are UEFI and what They said to do in the installation. Good Luck!!

i have the same board and i am trying to get my TB3 working as well but i am not seeing BIOS settings.

can you share your BIOS settings where the TB options are, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back