Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got my thunderbolt to Work! Ive been able to restart and shut down/power on and my interface connects over thunderbolt every time! In BIOS, I
Enabled thunderbolt,
Enabled Thunderbolt Boot Support,
Enabled Enabled GPIO3 Force Pwr
Enabled Skip PCI OptionRom
Security level set to No Security
Reserved Memory 737
Reserved PMemory 1184

all other bios settings are UEFI and what They said to do in the installation. Good Luck!!

Hi guys!
Do you know where can I download the Thunderbolt drivers for my hackintosh?

Thanks!

@S.WeSa Depending on what card you have, the company should provide them for you on their website. Most likely you will have to install Windows to install them, I havent seen a Thunderbolt Card that had a apple driver associated with it, only windows.

so, its this Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 working on osx? can i buy it?

So plugging a thunderbolt interface works, but the HDMI output doesnt work yet for me, but i really only used it for the interface connectivity. Yes it works in macos and I was able to buy it from ebay for like 80 dollars.

So plugging a thunderbolt interface works, but the HDMI output doesnt work yet for me, but i really only used it for the interface connectivity. Yes it works in macos and I was able to buy it from ebay for like 80 dollars.

then GC-ALPINE RIDGE works OOB with 10.13.3 or need configuration ?

So I got my thunderbolt to Work! Ive been able to restart and shut down/power on and my interface connects over thunderbolt every time! In BIOS, I
Enabled thunderbolt,
Reserved Memory 737
Reserved PMemory 1184

all other bios settings are UEFI and what They said to do in the installation. Good Luck!!
what is your bios version? I am working out the kinks with my GC alpine ridge configuration and my bios version is f7. Curious if i will need to update bios to get things working, after doing this whole widows install portion. Good to hear you got your system up and running! Any help is greatly appreciated.
- MH

Enabled thunderbolt,
Reserved Memory 737
Reserved PMemory 1184

What revision of the card to you have? And what firmware version?
I have a Rev 1.0 and it's v20. I cannot for the life of me manage to flash the firmware to v21 and I get the dreaded crossed circle when starting up in macOS when the GC-Alpine Ridge card is installed... it's working great in Windows 10...

What revision of the card to you have? And what firmware version?
I have a Rev 1.0 and it's v20. I cannot for the life of me manage to flash the firmware to v21 and I get the dreaded crossed circle when starting up in macOS when the GC-Alpine Ridge card is installed... it's working great in Windows 10...

So I have the 1.0 version, as regards to the firmware version, I have no idea. I know that i never flashed the firmware, but When I first installed the card, I didnt update the bios of my motherboard, and had lots of problems. So i erased my ssd and took everything out and flashed the motherboard to update the bios and reinstalled everything, and used all the settings I mentioned above.

If it works on Windows, install the drivers from gigabyte and try after that, that may be whats causing the crossed out circle when you boot. I think sometimes when theres someting in the board that is "foreign" that can causae the thing to freak out.

I recently installed a new graphics card, and I would get that circle and couldnt load macos, but restarting the computer, the second time around it worked fine. sometimes I still get the cross and I just restart my system and everything works fine.

I've tried installing drivers on Gigabyte page (section for the card), the drivers that came on the DVD with the card, older drivers, newer drivers... same thing... have restarted numerous time, changed BIOS settings (currently same as yours)... nothing helps... and nothing lets me Flash the firmware of the card...

Either it's because the card needs to be updated or I might have to do something with my EFI/Clover/Kext-thingies...

EDIT:

Doh! Looks like I have a Rev 2.0 card after all! No wonder the FlashTBT thing doesn't work...
But this means that there is some other reason why I can't even boot macOS when the card is installed... tried basically every setting in BIOS...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back