GIGABYTE z370xp SLI
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1050 ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Hey Guys,
I built my first ever computer and was able to successfully install high sierra. The next thing that I am trying to figure out is my GC Alpine Ridge AIC. I am not very computer savvy and I am having problems trying to find a solution. I have an audio interface that I am trying to connect to it and the device turns on but is not recognized on the computer. I have seen many people first install the proper drivers on windows and then mess around in mac os but I want to know if I need to do that first, or if I can solve the problem in mac os. I have tried plugging in the interface at the clover screen, before boot, and after and still get nothing. I have changed my bios settings alot from just looking at other peoples settings but still I cannot properly connect through the card. My specs are

Gigabyte z370xp SLI
Intel i7 8700k
samsung evo 1tb SSD
GC ALPINE RIDGE

Any advice and help you guys could give me would be amazing,
Thanks

I just got my Alpine Ridge card today. Using a Gigabyte Z370 gaming 5 and also an i7 8700k. I have a Focusrite 8prex that I'm trying to get working on my OSX partition, but the thunderbolt AIC doesn't appear to be detected. I flashed bios to F4, current, no luck yet. Everything is working in windows10.

Our setups are nearly identical, so I hope we can figure this out!

I installed 16.3 from gigabyte's website. The firmware you linked says I can't install because the version I currently have is newer. I uninstalled mine and tried the link you sent and that didn't work either. Which OS ver are you using and which ver of focusrite control?

Last edited:
how did you guys install Windows? I only have one ssd in my system, should I just partition the ssd or use a usb drive? I dont know how that works.

Easiest to install on a separate drive. If it’s on the same drive just partition it as MBR and install windows to an NTFS partition. You’ll need to use clover to mount your efi partition and rename the windows boot file because it will boot by default and lock you out of OS X. At this point clover should take over as your boot loader allowing you to boot to either os. It’s a complicated process if you haven’t done it before but there’s a lot of resources here.

How did you create a bootable usb? I’ve seen programs such as Rufus and boot camp assistant?

If you are talking about creating a bootable usb to install windows just go here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media
Ive installed windows and downloaded the drivers from gigabyte, i had my interface plugged in and recognized in windows, restarted, booted mac os and it recognized my device as well!! but, i restarted the computer again, and did the same process, but in mac os my interface was not recognized and not connected.

Few questions, did you install the focusrite control before it was recognized in OS X? Which version of OS X are you using? Which version of the MB thunderbolt drivers are you using? Which bios ver?

Try powering on your interface at the bios screen while booting up and see if that helps.

I use an apogee element 24 interface, and the light on it turns on when I plug it into the computer. I am running the most updated version of my bios (F5, z370xp sli) and in windows I downloaded the most up to date drivers for the GC Alpine Ridge. I am running High Sierra

I didnt look yet, but I just thought of something. Do you think that the driver for the rev 1.0 and 2.0 of the gc alpine ridge are different? Their file size is different and maybe installing both could help? I dont remember which one I installed, maybe I installed the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back