Register

[Solved] High Sierra Direct update stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this error tell you something?

kextd stall[1], (240s): "AppleACPICPU"

Attached the -v logs.

IMG_20171009_094832.jpg

That's a good question, why I don't have it. I am trying to boot so I can check again but I must have messed up something in clover and hangs on the startup process... I will revert as soon as I login from a backup.

I used this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/

BTW is there any way i revert some changes I did via clover configurator? Last thing I changed was unticked dart=0 and SIP to 0x0 (from 0x3). Now I am stuck in boot and can't revert those changes.

OK I am back in and I confirm that I do not have EmuVariableUefi-64.efi. I am reinstalling clover as per your instructions and trying again!

All good! Issue was with the FakeSMC.kext. Had the wrong file. Only issue now is with the audio.

Tried toleda's procedure, but I get this:

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

No system files were changed

no working...

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled

Kext Signing: disabled

Filesystem Protections: disabled

Debugging Restrictions: enabled

DTrace Restrictions: enabled

NVRAM Protections: enabled

BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch

Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem

No system files were changed

To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Somehow the sound works now :)

Hey one question. I try to play a 4K file that I created and it plays very, very, very slow and keeps on breaking. This was not at all the case with I had Sierra. Any thoughts?

Just to indicate how I managed to update if other have the same setup as mine and some issues : I went into the bios, found the iGUP and put it on disabled, saved and reboot, then I got an error from the installer telling me it couldn't find the right bundle. So reboot back into Sierra, then I deleted the installer, redownloaded it from the AppStore, relaunched the install process and all went well =)

Thank you, this worked perfectly for me!

Just to indicate how I managed to update if other have the same setup as mine and some issues : I went into the bios, found the iGUP and put it on disabled, saved and reboot, then I got an error from the installer telling me it couldn't find the right bundle. So reboot back into Sierra, then I deleted the installer, redownloaded it from the AppStore, relaunched the install process and all went well =)
Cheers Fumomono, that worked a treat! I can't thank you enough!

Hi guys,

Here's my experience, I am quite in a pinch. :(

I understand that 10.13 installation with Nvidia cards is complicated, but I cannot remove my 2 Nvidia cards as I have a complex water-cooling setup, and I can't just pull them away as I would if I had an air cooling setup.

I tried to enable the IGPU in Bios and boot, but it won't even display clover GUI, it will just show a blinking cursor.

However, just like this, the funny thing is that if I navigate with the keyboard blindly, it will actually select and load the OS, and will boot it, but then the screen (with IGPU) will go completely black and that's it.

I really can't undo my entire water-cooling, buy and add air cooling just for 20 minutes of installation nd then rebuilding my loop... It's just crazy. Is there anyone who managed to install 10.13 from USB with nvidia cards on?

I tried to enable the IGPU in Bios and boot, but it won't even display clover GUI, it will just show a blinking cursor.
Hi, not sure wether you fixed it, but in case: you shouldn't enable the iGPU, it's the multi-GPU setup that is creating an issue from my understanding. So basically try in your BIOS to disable both the iGPU and 1 card (I don't know if the SLI cable will be an issue or not) and see if you can install like that. Or disable both cards and go with the iGPU for the install (of course plug your display on the iGPU in this case). If your BIOS can do that, you should be fine. Otherwise you can go back to Rehabman post, there is a way to do it without BIOS intervention nor physical removal, but that's much more complicated than what I just indicated (requires specific injection technics).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back