Contribute
Register

[Solved] High Sierra Direct update stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the same issue as well... got a 980ti

I forgot to mention that it kind of screwed my other SSD up.
I have 2 SSD. One is Samsung 850 EVO ~250gb for Mac, and Sandisk ~240gb for windows.
With windows Sandisk connected, I won't get past mobo logo where you get to press DEL, F12, etc, but pressing anything won't work. It's just stuck.

The same thing happened couple months ago with my 1TB WD HDD. With it attached, it won't boot. I have to disable in BIOS or detach. The HDD became unusable, very slow, and freezing and stuff.
But in this Sandisk case, I just can't get into BIOS to disable it. I still haven't figured out how to get into it to get my file back yet.

Hi, someone fixed that by unchecking 'inject nvidia' in the clover boot -> options ->graphics.

However if like me it's already unchecked... well I'm still stuck :banghead::mrgreen: I even uninstalled nvidia web drivers, didn't help !

Hi, someone fixed that by unchecking 'inject nvidia' in the clover boot -> options ->graphics.

However if like me it's already unchecked... well I'm still stuck :banghead::mrgreen: I even uninstalled nvidia web drivers, didn't help !
Well, I did both nv_disable=1 and unchecking that. My last message on page one is what I got

I'm at the same point =/ I'm tempted to physically disconnect the gtx and try with the iGPU but it's a pain as my computer isn't easily accessible -_-

I also tried purging nvram, no luck either.

I'm at the same point =/ I'm tempted to physically disconnect the gtx and try with the iGPU but it's a pain as my computer isn't easily accessible -_-

I tried that. But nothing shows up. Like my integrated GPU is dead or something.
I tried with DVI on 2 different monitors I have, none shows up. And i'm sure I have intel graphic enabled in BIOS.
I don't have VGA cable, so can't try that.

I don't remember the last time I used that GPU.

Any idea what it could be?

Having the same issue too

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950
Asus H81M-K

I tried that. But nothing shows up. Like my integrated GPU is dead or something.
If I remember correctly, you need to check "inject INTEL" in clover boot ->option->graphics to enable the iGPU. And of course plug your display to the HDMI of the motherboard and not to the discret GPU (yeah, sounds stupid, but it cost me 2 hours once -_-)

If I remember correctly, you need to check "inject INTEL" in clover boot ->option->graphics to enable the iGPU. And of course plug your display to the HDMI of the motherboard and not to the discret GPU (yeah, sounds stupid, but it cost me 2 hours once -_-)

So are you telling me because I have my display plugged in to both the iGPU and my card I could have this issue? Cause I did add inject INTEL and added nv_disable=1 and enabled my iGPU but still have stuff plugged into my card.

Ughh.... I thought of doing this too, but my setup is so nice and clean and ripping a 980TI out is gonna make a mess. Also I'm concerned that if I upgrade after doing that I'll have more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back