Intel H87M HD3
CPU
i5 4570
Graphics
GTX 1060 3GB
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Help.

So i did everything according to installation guide until first reboot “install from high sierra” this spinning gear shows up in the middle of the loading process as shown in the picture below.
It’s been going on about an hour now. It’s spinning, but very slow, and it’s overlapping itself until i cant tell if it’s moving anymore.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 6,145
Yeah I got this. Once it starts to overlap itself you're done. Boot with -v (verbose).

I do not recall how I fixed this issue. What is your graphics setup? Are you installing on top of a working Sierra, with working Nvidia web drivers? If so how did you disable the web drivers, boot nv_disable=1?

Yeah I got this. Once it starts to overlap itself you're done. Boot with -v (verbose).

I do not recall how I fixed this issue. What is your graphics setup? Are you installing on top of a working Sierra, with working Nvidia web drivers? If so how did you disable the web drivers, boot nv_disable=1?
Yes i updated on a working sierra. With everything to get it to work, webdriver included.
And i didnt do anything like disabling it. Where do i put the nv_disable=1?
Im new to this, but the old sierra was way easier.

Yes i updated on a working sierra. With everything to get it to work, webdriver included.
And i didnt do anything like disabling it. Where do i put the nv_disable=1?
Im new to this, but the old sierra was way easier.
I think you need to disable the Nvidia web drivers or High Sierra won't load. It's a typical upgrade issue. You can insert it in config.plist, or you can do it one-time at clover boot, which is more common. At clover boot, arrow key to options and under boot flags hit ENTER, then type a space to separate from any existing boot flags and type
nv_disable=1
to add it, hit ENTER again, return and continue boot. If you're stuck adding it search the forums, it's super common.

I think you need to disable the Nvidia web drivers or High Sierra won't load. It's a typical upgrade issue. You can insert it in config.plist, or you can do it one-time at clover boot, which is more common. At clover boot, arrow key to options and under boot flags hit ENTER, then type a space to separate from any existing boot flags and type
nv_disable=1
to add it, hit ENTER again, return and continue boot. If you're stuck adding it search the forums, it's super common.
Thank you so much.

I will try it first thing tomorrow, and see if it work.

Reactions: aol
I also have this same problem. Just tried to do a direct update from working sierra. I am stuck at the apple logo with the bar filled halfway and the wheel overlapped as well. How do I get to the clover bootloader now? Everytime I reboot it takes me back here.

I also have this same problem. Just tried to do a direct update from working sierra. I am stuck at the apple logo with the bar filled halfway and the wheel overlapped as well. How do I get to the clover bootloader now? Everytime I reboot it takes me back here.
The clover boot loader loads first, it's the screen that comes up right after the BIOS and before the big black screen with the white apple. It is possible that you have your clover timeout so low that it flashes by almost imperceptibly. I would always suggest your timeout be at least a couple seconds to give you time to react. The clover boot loader is interrupted by any arrow key, so, first suggestion is to just hit arrow keys as soon as you get past your BIOS screens.

Once you get the clover screen with the drives to select an OS to boot, try adding -v as a boot flag and see if there's info in the verbose output to help.

nv_disable=1
So i did add “nv_disable=1 -v” and wall of text appeared. Then i got stuck at as shown below.

There are blinking sentences below which i couldnt captured. I couldnt even tell what they say

Attachments

• 0F1E8835-3388-47C8-9E25-A21A88112D87.jpeg
    0F1E8835-3388-47C8-9E25-A21A88112D87.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,409
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back