CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega Frontier Air
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi there,

this is my first post so first of all I'd like to thank all Tonymacx86 staff and members, you literally saved my ass so many times.

I recently upgraded to High Sierra using the installation guide (APFS) to try my new Radeon Vega Frontier Air. Had some trouble with restarts and freezes during installation (I think it was due to not using the MB USB ports (case, hubs).

I eventually made it into High Sierra, apparently everything was fine (including Thunderbolt 2). But in FCPx, or Compressor, or Quicktime (screen recording) I can't render a h264 file. Prores is working fine - apparently.

My hardware: Z97-ud7-TH, 4790k, Radeon Vega Frontier Air. Used default install on existing MacOS Sierra (using APFS)

So far, I've tried repairing permissions, installing PRO Codecs, rendering to non APFS volumes, exporting/importing XML's, installing lilu+whatevergreen+emuvariable.

I've rolled back to my Sierra Installation and dual 280x, but it'd be great if any fellow video producer/editor can help, I really loved Vega (extremely fast UI and FCPx was looking good).

Thanks!

EDIT: Solved by using Imac 19,1 smbios (using clover configurator) using this guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-rx-vega-final-cut-h-264-fix.233067/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.