Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] High Sierra 10.13.3 no shutdown or reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 PRO
CPU
I7 << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
After installing latest High sierra update, my hackintosh is not able to reboot or shutdown anymore, after i try, the screen remain black and i see the mouse cursor. Some time the hdd led flashes but even waiting 1 hour the hack will not reboot or shutdown.
If i try to boot in safe mode, shutdown or reboot is working.
Any suggestion ? is there something that i can post in order to let understand the cause and solve ?
In clover (4411) fixshutdown was already enabled

Many thanks in advance
Fabrizio

Last edited:
Hi,
After installing latest High sierra update, my hackintosh is not able to reboot or shutdown anymore, after i try, the screen remain black and i see the mouse cursor. Some time the hdd led flashes but even waiting 1 hour the hack will not reboot or shutdown.
If i try to boot in safe mode, shutdown or reboot is working.
Any suggestion ? is there something that i can post in order to let understand the cause and solve ?
In clover (4411) fixshutdown was already enabled

Many thanks in advance
Fabrizio
  • You can upload your CLOVER folder as a compressed file to the Forum from the System Hard disk which has a problem of Shut down/Reboot, to look for any clue to the cause for your Shut/Down reboot issue.
  • If you need the steps, take a look at this post"#9. [You can directly download CCV to your System instead of using another system as suggested in that post].

• You can upload your CLOVER folder as a compressed file to the Forum from the System Hard disk which has a problem of Shut down/Reboot, to look for any clue to the cause for your Shut/Down reboot issue.
  • If you need the steps, take a look at this post"#9. [You can directly download CCV to your System instead of using another system as suggested in that post].

Tks for the reply.
I found the the problem... it was Avira antivirus.
Uninstalling it solved the problem.

B. regards
Fabrizio

Last edited:
Tks for the reply.

B. regards
Fabrizio
Thanx for that , I have just had the same on mine. Been fine until yesterday then refused to shut down or restart, just sat there with a cursor and a black screen. Removed Avira and now all good. Shame really as I quite liked it. Giving Avast a go and all ok at the moment.

Tks for the reply.

B. regards
Fabrizio
Also thanks for this solution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back