Contribute
Register

[Solved] HFS+ HDDs under High Sierra uninitialised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68AP-D3 rev. 1
CPU
i2500K @4.4GHz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX970 G1
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed High Sierra with AFPS on SSD. I have also connected 2 other HDDs with various NTFS and HFS+ partitions (I have used to use them in Sierra).
For some reason I can't access them from High Sierra. Disk Utility says they are uninitialised.

I have created Sierra pendrive to check partitions and they are still visible in Disk Utility. NTFS partitions are also accessible from Windows.

Here is example from "diskutil list" in HS:

/dev/disk2 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: *60.0 GB disk1

Anyone knows solution for this problem?

Bit weird. I have tried to add AppleAHCIPort.kext (from different source) to /L/E before but I've had kernel panic.
This time I have used 'EasyKext Pro' and it ignored my option to copy it to /L/E and file was copied to /S/L/E and original file was backup to desktop. After restart all disks are visible.
Thanks!!!

Now I am not sure is it working because location or file from different source...

Bit weird. I have tried to add AppleAHCIPort.kext (from different source) to /L/E before but I've had kernel panic.
This time I have used 'EasyKext Pro' and it ignored my option to copy it to /L/E and file was copied to /S/L/E and original file was backup to desktop. After restart all disks are visible.
Thanks!!!

Now I am not sure is it working because location or file from different source...
yes, if you are replacing Apple kexts then they need to go into /System/Library/Extensions, if you are adding your own kexts then they can go into /Library/Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back