i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,
I had finished my system install on i5-8400/ASUS Prime H310T/WD Black SSD (gen2). I originally chose APFS to be my file system; the system installed correctly. However, after I set up my system with Multibeast and rebooted, I lost power button and all USB response (on both USB 3 ports and both USB 2 ports) on my system when I boot into both recovery and the main system on the internal drive; USB still work on the Clover screen for both internal drive and (external) installation stick.
I now decided that I will not use APFS on my computer, but instead HFS+, which gives me a chance to re-setup MultiBeast. What could be causing the problem, and what settings should I use?
(I did it wrong and now my drive is converted to APFS upon install... not a big problem. If I notice lags, I will switch back to HFS+)
  • System installation stick made with UniBeast; the following kexts is added aside from those provided with UniBeast:
    • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
    • USBInjectAll.kext
    • XHCI-300-series-injector.kext
    • GenericUSBXHCI.kext
  • /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ contains OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
  • The fresh SSD was formatted with APFS the first time. The current install formatted it as HFS+.
  • Original MultiBeast settings are as follow:
    • QuickStart > UEFI boot mode
    • Drivers > Audio > H310 / B360 / H370 / Q370 Audio Device ID Patch
    • Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins, FakeSMC HWMonitor
    • Drivers > Network > RealtekRTL8111 v2.2.2
    • Drivers > USB > 3rd Party USB 3.0, USB InjectAll
    • Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
    • Customize > Graphics > Intel HD 6xx, Intel Graphics Fixup
    • Customize > System Definition > MacMini6,2; original definition was 27" iMac (most likely iMac14,2)
  • Additional information from System Info:
    • appearently, all four onboard USB port and possibly all mid-board expansion ports are attached to "USB 3.1Bus", as shown:
      joFpGCP.png
Thank you for all your help!

Last edited:
OK, I tried the same configs, with these changes:
  • Adding 100/200/300 series audio support
  • Adding port limit patch
  • remove 3rd party USB3.0
  • not touching bootloaders and system definition
And instead, MultiBeast throws an error, and the log reads:
Code:
08/16/18 21:53:56 - Starting MultiBeast 10.3.0-20180516
08/16/18 21:54:11 - Installing 'Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode'
08/16/18 21:54:16 - Installing 'BootVolume'
08/16/18 21:54:16 - Copying 'apfs.efi'
08/16/18 21:54:16 - Copy of 'apfs.efi' failed.
'Failed copying apfs.efi'. Exiting.
Let me try manually copying apfs.efi from my installation stick. Does not work. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
I didn't see you mention XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in your Multibeast configuration. I'd try making sure you've got the latest versions of both XHCI-300-series-injector.kext and USBInjectAll.kext according to RehabMan's instructions. If you're still having issues then compare your Unibeast config.plist with the Multibest config.plist. Also, I think iMac 18,1 is the most suitable definition for you.

Last edited:
MultiBeast failed is because of that I mounted EFI prior to build... Classic noob thinking he knows everything XD. iMac18,1 is not available as a system definition on MultiBeast 10.3.0 I got... and I am not very familiar with plist editing, so I will still try MacMini6,2. Interestingly, the /EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/ folder contain only fakeSMC.kext, and it appears that there are no other .kext on the partition. I am trying manually copying all kexts I used with the installation stick over to internal EFI partition. Thanks @yobro!
Update: Oh, they went into /Library/Extensions ... I am adding XCHI-300-series-injector there too.
update2: Did not help. The plist's appears to be identical, but the internal plist appears to have one more section.

Last edited:
Repairing permissions then clearing and rebuilding kext cache is usually necessary after adding a kext to /L/E or /S/L/E. Did you do that? Try running Kext Utiltiy which will fix it up for you (but don't use it for installing new kexts.) You can set the system definition (iMac 18,1) using Clover Configurator, second best would probably be iMac ~14,2. Do you have the USB port patch in your config.plist? The two kexts and the config.plist patch is needed.

Spare my ignorance, but I'm not sure what do you mean by plist USB port patch. Is is this?
Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g32UDw+DlwQAAA==</data>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.13.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g32UD5CQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>
I compared the plist, and apparently the additional parts on the internal plist are 1. Coffee Lake audio patches and 2. BIOS Version information. Everything else seems the same. I will provide the internal plist here in case.

One thing I think that is worth to mention: some mentioned that OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, installed by my MultiBeast, is not suitable for my particular hardware; OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi should be used to fix the USB and power button issue. Again, I tried manually switching them out... I take that I can do it properly with Clover Configurator, right?

I actually did the whole install with UniBeast/MultiBeast, and I am not very familiar with modifying Clover with other tools. Do I modify and fix, say, permissions, with Kext Utility and Clover Configurator after MultiBeast build, or do these utilities replace MultiBeast?

So...It seems that I have to reinstall my macOS yet again, but this time with Clover Config and Kext Util.

Again, thank you @yobro for your help all along.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 203
Up and working! I used the option "UEFI with emulated NVRAM" in MultiBeast as that contains OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi instead of Fix3Drv, though I could have don it with Clover Config. I think the problem was that I have not properly repaired permissions of the new Kexts. Cheers!
Now all that's left to fix are sound and weird graphics glitches. Thank you so much @yobro!

The graphics glitches might go away when you use SMBIOS 14,2 or 17,1.

hi
Spare my ignorance, but I'm not sure what do you mean by plist USB port patch. Is is this?
Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>Remove USB port limit in XHCI kext</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>g32UDw+DlwQAAA==</data>
    <key>MatchOS</key>
    <string>10.13.x</string>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>g32UD5CQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>
I compared the plist, and apparently the additional parts on the internal plist are 1. Coffee Lake audio patches and 2. BIOS Version information. Everything else seems the same. I will provide the internal plist here in case.

One thing I think that is worth to mention: some mentioned that OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, installed by my MultiBeast, is not suitable for my particular hardware; OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi should be used to fix the USB and power button issue. Again, I tried manually switching them out... I take that I can do it properly with Clover Configurator, right?

I actually did the whole install with UniBeast/MultiBeast, and I am not very familiar with modifying Clover with other tools. Do I modify and fix, say, permissions, with Kext Utility and Clover Configurator after MultiBeast build, or do these utilities replace MultiBeast?

So...It seems that I have to reinstall my macOS yet again, but this time with Clover Config and Kext Util.

Again, thank you @yobro for your help all along.
hi, friend .I used the same mainboard.but when i used the 4k screen dell
U2718Q, just admit to set the 2k Resolution in mojave 10.14.5 . do u have this problem, could u apply the efi to me, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back