Contribute
Register

[Solved] Help with disable WiFi/Bluetooth for Gigabyte Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

Anybody has a way to disable WiFi/Bluetooth for Gigabyte Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING WIFI motherboard? Someone was suggesting modifying the motherboard but I prefer to just disable them in BIOS or macOS.

My goal is to have WiFi/Bluetooth using the Fenvi FV-T919. However, only WiFi works with this card installed, and Bluetooth is not working (not discover any devices) with this card installed. After I took out the card, WiFi is not available and Bluetooth is still in the same state.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Someone was suggesting modifying the motherboard
Surely it's a card in an M2 slot that you can simply remove ?

M2.png

Surely it's a card in an M2 slot that you can simply remove ?

Thanks a ton for great help. At first, I did not want to tinker with the motherboard but went ahead after saw your post. ;-)
:)
It was a pain since the the screws to I/O back plate is at the other side but I was able to unhook cables, take MB out of the case, take the M2 card out, put back the MB cable install the Fenvi card in about an hour.

Now Bluetooth and WiFi are working thanks to you

About to buy this motherboard for a build. Does the WiFi work straight out the box? or did you use an adaptor?

About to buy this motherboard for a build. Does the WiFi work straight out the box? or did you use an adaptor?

The WiFi has worked perfectly, BUT bluetooth has not with 10.13.6 High Sierra for me on this mother board.

Thank you indeed for the solution above, which also worked for the Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi. I just removed the onboard Wifi/Bluetooth card from its slot and now use the Fenvi T919. Whatever I had tried before, changing settings, kexts, etc. had failed. Wifi had worked through the Fenvi card, BT showed but didn’t respond. Also, onboard Wifi/BT can‘t be disabled in the BIOS.

Can you tell us how you removed the onboard wifi/BT card ? Isn't it hidden under thermal protections ?

Don’t remember exactly, but it’s very simple and self-explanatory. A couple of screws to remove the shield and then unplug the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back